Fresh water tank - Cyclone 3100...how to drain?

Ladiver

I know there is a low point drain that I have been using, but is there faster way to drain the tank? My neighbor with SOB trailer has a large dump valve (like our grey/black water). Am I missing something, or is there no fast way of emptying the fresh water? I guess I could open the valve and let it drain while driving home. :) Then it would be empty for storage!!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I open mine when I travel. It is empty when I get home.
I have never seen a large dump valve on a fresh water tank. I live in a small world.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I open mine when I travel. It is empty when I get home.
I have never seen a large dump valve on a fresh water tank. I live in a small world.

Peace
Dave

Just be careful Dave. Motorcyclists do not take kindly to that water splashing all over the road...:mad:

TravisJen

We used to empty our tank after every trip just because I was paranoid that bacteria would grow in the water if it sat. After talking to fellow RV'ers that don't empty theirs often, I just top up before every trip. Saves time on Friday afternoon when all I want to do is hook up and go. We don't drink the water anyways.

ILH

Like so many others, the only time I fully drain my tank is when I prep the unit for winter storage. My wife likes to travel with her private bathroom - so I always make sure to keep a few gallons in the tank for flushing and washing hands.

Lynn1130

I can only imagine how much mold and algae would be in my tank if I left water in it for any length of time in 100+ temps. I open the valve when leaving camp and allow it to drain as we travel back home.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you open a faucet while draining it helps. I always put a little bleach and water in the tank while it sits. We dont drink the water anyway.

Ladiver

Thanks for the replies. I am glad I was not missing something obvious. I have run the sinks to help drain the tanks. Woks well, just takes time. Not a big deal since we clean the rig when we get home anyway. Then just need to dump grey water.