Six point versus four point Lippert Leveling system.

davusmc

I have been reading the discussions on this forum for a couple of years which have been very informative. This is my first post and I have a question. I have a 2012 Landmark Key Largo unit that came with the 4 point Lippert leveling system. There is a lot of "hoopla" about the 6 point system and I'm curious if anyone out there has had it installed on their existing 4 point. Any comments good or bad would be welcome. Is it worth the cost? Thanks. David Vest. Fort Worth Texas.

danemayer

Hi davusmc,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

Upgrading might be pretty expensive. Likely need a new pump and distribution system, definitely a new "brain", mod to the hydraulics lines and added jacks.

It might be slightly better, but if your 4 point is working, I'd stick with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gizzy

We have the 4 point and it works great for us. Don't know why anyone would want to "upgrade" to the 6 point, we have no need to upgrade.

Miltp920

I own a cyclone with 6point which is great compared to manual leveling like I had before. A close friend sells and installs 4point leveling and he swears by it. He has 4 point on his motor home. Lippert 6point option was cheaper than his 4 point system, and he said save the money if you can get a 6 point for the lower price. My point is he loves his 4 point on his 38 foot motor home. Level is level. We still feel some movement when my wife and I move around in our 3100 36 footer. I thought the 6 point would have stabilized the coach more. Has anyone added any stabilization to a fifth wheel with a leveling system with good results?

marvmarcy

I also have a 2012 Key Largo with four point leveling. I think the six point uses the same front levelers and adds another rear leveler on each side in front of the wheels. Each pair of rear levelers work together; the pairs being a left pair and a right pair. While a larger reservoir may be needed, I don't think it requires a bigger pump and possibly not even a different controller. The rear-most leveler is placed farther back in the six point system and the electric stabilizers are not installed. I suspect Lippert changed to the six point system for two reasons: first, it sets up faster because there isn't the wait for the rear stabilizer, and second, the four point system could be pulled up leaving the rear hanging on the stabilizers and cause damage to them. The six point is probably less likely to twist or strain the frame.

You can add the extra levelers in front of the wheels and leave the rear stabilizers and have a more stable rig, but it would still be slower than the new six point. Some people have done that. You can contact Lippert for more info.

TXTiger

i have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 with no stabilizer system other than manual. Have been looking at adding one. The 4 point is less expansive but the 6 point seems to be better. Any comments on saving money and go with the 4 point or just spent the money and get the 6 point?

porthole

Retired
i have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 with no stabilizer system other than manual. Have been looking at adding one. The 4 point is less expansive but the 6 point seems to be better. Any comments on saving money and go with the 4 point or just spent the money and get the 6 point?

Tony, no way would I get a 4 point on a Cyclone.
When my was installed HL was offering the four point from the factory. My conversations with my installer ended with him commenting - predicting that with in 4-5 months HL would switch to 6 point. And he was correct.

I would not think of trying to lift the trailer with only 4 points. 6 points I have no worries about lifting for a tire change.

I own a cyclone with 6point which is great compared to manual leveling like I had before. A close friend sells and installs 4point leveling and he swears by it. He has 4 point on his motor home. Lippert 6point option was cheaper than his 4 point system, and he said save the money if you can get a 6 point for the lower price. My point is he loves his 4 point on his 38 foot motor home. Level is level. We still feel some movement when my wife and I move around in our 3100 36 footer. I thought the 6 point would have stabilized the coach more. Has anyone added any stabilization to a fifth wheel with a leveling system with good results?

There is no possible way to compare a motor home frame to one of these trialers. Comparing 4-6 point using a MH for reference is not a valid comparison.