EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: TX, Canton - 1/3/2014 to 1/5/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrgrs50s

Janie and I sure enjoyed our 1st campout with all you guys ! Looking forward to the rally in Santo. Andy and joanna, sorry to hear that your truck has broken down again. Hope you get her fixed up right this time.

Paul & Nan

Like Jo said we broke again between Jacksonville and Athens and were towed back to Athens. Waiting on a friend to show up to tow trailer back to lake Charles. Again thank you for the fun now the pain with this dang truck. Can I interest anyone in a used ford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So sorry for your situation. Paul says the solution is to buy a Chevy. LOL It was so nice meeting you guys and feel your pain, though it is usually our trailer that breaks down. Hope all is fixed soon.

dfowler

Had a great time at the campout this week-end in Canton. What a learning experience with frozen water pipes and waking up to water on the floor in the bathroom. We stayed warm and didn't have any damage to any pipes. We stayed in the park until Wednesday morning before heading home. Thanks to everyone for a fun time.

pegmikef

Had a great time at the campout this week-end in Canton. What a learning experience with frozen water pipes and waking up to water on the floor in the bathroom. We stayed warm and didn't have any damage to any pipes. We stayed in the park until Wednesday morning before heading home. Thanks to everyone for a fun time.

Yeah I have run in to the freezing on our last two trips so now when it is cold, I just don't use the hose and run off the fresh water tank using the pump. Saves a lot of grief.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yeah I have run in to the freezing on our last two trips so now when it is cold, I just don't use the hose and run off the fresh water tank using the pump. Saves a lot of grief.

When we stay in Durango in December, the park insists everyone must run off tank if the temps are close to freezing. Even the park host!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well my truck finally made it home from this trip. Lol. Bronson Ford in Athens called me yesterday to tell me new engine was installed and tested and I come get it. Got there by 1pm and got back on road before 2 and had sleet btw Athens and Jacksonville and then cold rain rest of way home. Watched radar along the way and watched snow and ice move in behind us. Now we are dealing with winter mix here with ice and sleet. I am just glad I got my truck back. Lol

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Well my truck finally made it home from this trip. Lol. Bronson Ford in Athens called me yesterday to tell me new engine was installed and tested and I come get it. Got there by 1pm and got back on road before 2 and had sleet btw Athens and Jacksonville and then cold rain rest of way home. Watched radar along the way and watched snow and ice move in behind us. Now we are dealing with winter mix here with ice and sleet. I am just glad I got my truck back. Lol

Oh my, Andy! You had to put a new engine in it?! Would the first dealer who 'fixed' it give you a refund?
We are happy to hear you made it home safely!

See you down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.