What kinda camper are you?

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We are most timers / anytimers...... We have a home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan... go to Texas for the winter (5-6 months) come back home and then gone for weeks often when we are home..

GlenStMary

We are MOSTTIMERs at this point. We are currently selling off 46 years worth of accumulated stuff and then the farm will go. Then it's on the road FULL-TIME until we get tired of it or the good Lord calls us home.

Subdrv

FULLTIMER w/Job planning on Fulltimer retired in Feb 14. Planning on a 8+ month road trip to the West coast starting in April.

sengli

We go camping 6 weeks a year. Mostly like to go either early spring or fall. Full timing seems like it would be fun though!

kowAlski631

Full timers since May. Began our journey in Maryland & have gone over 7,000 miles so far. We still have more to see & do. To paraphrase a song, no house, no jobs, no problems. :)

Grey Ghost

Want-to-be full-timer. Retired, but wife still works so we camp about 8 to ten weeks per year now. Dog wants to full-time also.:cool:

Theresau

Anytimer - will be going to FL for 3.5 months this year (longest we've done this...). We love our house so like to "staycation" at home in the summer with some RV trips every so often. (Look at coach as our hotel on wheels rather than a "camper" per se.)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We were fulltimers for 4 years but I'm dedicated to be near my aging Mom during the summers so we bought a house near her "Home". Now we're mosttimers/snowbirds.

2TrakR

WEEKENDER+ (Week 3-4 times per season) Motorsports – Motorcycle / ATV

Layout on our 3950 is excellent for our primary school age kids, the separate twin beds is THE best solution we've found so far.

pegmikef

Part timers. try to go somewhere monthly . . . anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks at a time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wheneverwecan'ers . . .

Typically three or four extended weekends (4-5 nights) during the spring through fall months and one longer one to two week trip.

Mountain biking and four-wheeling with the truck to check out the off-road scenery!

TaosTruckAtGorge-P1020821.jpg4wheelinsig-IMGP3158.jpg4wheelinSig-IMGP3116.jpg4wheelin-IMGP3201.jpg

Plus, we also 'pretend camp', which means we sometimes stay in the camper out in the yard here at the house.

We both work full-time so full-time camping is not in our current plan, although one day that will be our reality!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Summer Anytimers. I still teach so we can't do much during the school year. We like to be out for at least a month all at once in the summer and any weekend we can sneak away. The dogs want to fulltime..

Kristy

d_fergie

Weekender / Week dayer (work 7 on / 7 off) just spent 5 days/nights hunting, but go up for 2 or 3 day trips to the local mountains to just get away...

Lou_and_Bette

FULLTIMER Retired - No job, no house...With 3 married children and 8 grandkids spread out in 3 states, get to see them more now than before they left home

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We are anytimers from April to Nov. Love being retired and able to go while others work all week.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Weekender/anytimer... No kids, both work but try to go as often as work allows. I work from home, so it doesn't matter whether sticks and bricks or on the road. DH is a high school band director, so we tend to follow the school schedule to plan our longer trips.... Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, summer.

Would love to full-time someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk