What kinda camper are you?

HornedToad

Looks like the FULL/ANY/MOST Timers have it by a landslide!!!

I'm a WEEKEND Tailgater, who like most of the WEEKENDER's wants to be a
FULL, ANY or MOST Timer when they grow up???

I guess I would also qualify as a "Pretend Camper"...
since I had an electrician add a 50A plug to the side of my house.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Looks like the FULL/ANY/MOST Timers have it by a landslide!!!

I'm a WEEKEND Tailgater, who like most of the WEEKENDER's wants to be a
FULL, ANY or MOST Timer when they grow up???

I guess I would also qualify as a "Pretend Camper"...
since I had an electrician add a 50A plug to the side of my house.

Only thing is we are not campers. I guess we are RVers. We are always home. LOL <~:) ...

BC

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Only thing is we are not campers. I guess we are RVers. We are always home. LOL <~:) ...

BC

My friends and coworkers are always telling me that we are not "camping" because we have our nice new trailer . . .

Here in Colorado all of the naturalists think that one can only go camping with a tent.

I tell them "Yes we are . . . its just that we have moved on to a higher level of 'camping'!" :p

SpldRtn

Fulltimers twice...Now Mosttimers/Anytimers. We are gone as long as we want to be or home as long as we want to be. Like it better this way!

DesertThumper

Weekender motorsport and sportsman lifestyle. I have 15 years left to go before considering fulltiming. We both still work and hoping to change her mine by then.

d_fergie

My friends and coworkers are always telling me that we are not "camping" because we have our nice new trailer . . .

Here in Colorado all of the naturalists think that one can only go camping with a tent.

I tell them "Yes we are . . . its just that we have moved on to a higher level of 'camping'!" :p
I've taken satellite & TV's camping for years, even tent camping and often take grief for same, I might or might not watch TV when in the hills but I'm ready ... many of those saying that only go "camping" a couple times a year, its about a once a month thing for me. ;)

JeremyN

WEEKENDER Family Camper – school age children

Wish we could do more camping during the week, but vacation time and kids schedules often don't let us. Can't wait till my wife and I are retired and we can go camping all the time!

Rockford

WEEKENDER Family Camper – school age children...with a caveat:

The wife and I spread our vacation time out by taking Fridays off from May to October.
We head to our seasonal site most Thursdays after work and home again Sunday after dinner.
The summer stat holidays are on Mondays so we get five 4-night weekends by doing it this way too.
It works well for our family.

JohnD

I've taken satellite & TV's camping for years, even tent camping and often take grief for same, I might or might not watch TV when in the hills but I'm ready ... many of those saying that only go "camping" a couple times a year, its about a once a month thing for me. ;)

One of the things we 'try' to do now when we are camping is to stay at our campsite more instead of being on the run every waking minute of the day.

We used to be more tired when we got home from our camping trips because we were always trying to see everything we could see instead of just relaxing, which is what vacationing (camping) is supposed to be about.

Now, that doesn't mean that we just sit around . . .

We generally take walks around the campground, plus we do take our mountain bikes and ride those quite a bit around whatever campground we are staying at!

CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg

In our old camper, I had to lug around a 50-pound 20" TV . . .

In our new Trail Runner I installed two super light weight Visio LED flat screens that are permanently mounted to the wall!

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

Both of them together (19" in the bedroom, 26" in the living room), along with the wall mounts, probably weigh 1/4 of what that 20" tube TV does (so much for the upper arm muscle workout).

FOOTNOTE: I got the swivel wall mounts at Camping World as they were the only wall mounts I could find that lock the TV flat to the wall while traveling.

Ironically, since most of our trips involve the Rocky Mountains, most of the campgrounds we stay at generally don't have any TV reception, so we do watch movies and TV shows we have on DVD more when we are using our trailer.

I bought a BlueRay player for the trailer so that we can at least enjoy those while we are camping!

And, I just last week replaced the stock indoor speakers with some good ones so we can enjoy good sound (although Cathy won't let me install a surround sound system . . . DOH! :eek: ).

We have Direct TV at home, but we have chosen to not get their setup for our camper as we just wouldn't get our money's worth out of that service while on the road.

So I guess that is our way of 'roughing it' . . . (sorry if I'm getting off topic :rolleyes: ).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We're normally long weekenders (4-5 day stays) every 3 or 4 weeks. However, we were on the road for 10 days in early Oct, home for 5 days and will be out on this trip for 15 days. I'm fortunate (well, maybe unfortunate) that I can work from the RV, so I'm here most of the day and we get out in the evenings during the week.

cgunn

FULLTIMER Retired - No job, (Except 2 days a week as Workcampers),no house,(Except Bighorn)...

darebee

Might as well add my $.02

WEEKENDER Family Camper – school age children

WEEKENDER Motorsports – ATV
WEEKENDER Sportsman – Hunting

Mizmary

...I guess we are a fulltime, family camper, with a job, and a house that is rented out.

😛. At least for now. If we get stationed somewhere cold- or where our house is, we will return to being weekenders with kids.

FiremanBill

We don't really fit any of these categories, I guess the closest would be weekender - motorsports.

We travel to various Radio Control Aircraft fly ins around the southeast and go camping as a family as much as we can too but my youngest is a Senior in HS.

Want to be an Anytimer soon. Looking to retire (again) soon, move back to TN and get a small place with a bit of land to use as a home base and venture out as much as possible.

Here is a pic of one of the events we attend in Georgia, our Cyclone is in there... really!

Attachments

• joined.jpg
    joined.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 45

JohnD

All this talk is making me want to hitch up and roll! :eek:

Too bad for me our Trail Runner is already winterized and parked for the winter . . . :(

We are kicking around the idea of going somewhere close to home on Christmas Day like we did last year (12/25/2012) when we took our brand new trailer out on it's maiden voyage, despite not being able to use the amenities of the trailer other than the furnace, fridge, stove, microwave and the TV's!

Although pulling a 30-foot beast in the snow when it is 10 degrees below zero outside is not one of the brightest things I've ever done . . . :p

Campout2012-PC250007.jpgCampout2012-PC270054.jpgCampout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg

But we did have fun! :D

And darned glad I brought the snow shovel along . . . :cool: