What kinda camper are you?

Phatkd

Hmmm,

We would be;
Right timers (At least a 3-5 week trip every summer)
Family Campers (young son not yet in school, and flexible work schedule)
Outdoor campers (Took the 5ver hunting this fall)

But also "Stay at home campers",..lol, we also camp in our yard a few days out of the year (Son loves it)

I should add to the list we are also;
Camping gear and equiptment HOARDERS! lol

SailorDon

LONG WEEKENDER - 5 to 6 days per trip.

I just started camping with my new travel trailer July 2013. Bought a 2014 Wilderness 2175RB.

Main reason is to row around Texas. (I'm addicted to rowing.) :)

Here's a photo of my rig, ready for the road.

When I arrive at destination, I set up at a campsite and go for a row.

I also enter my rowboat in wooden boat shows. It is sometimes a winner.
This pic is from Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival 2013

Pic of travel trailer and boat at Fairview-Riverside state park.

BobX2

All this talk is making me want to hitch up and roll! :eek:

Too bad for me our Trail Runner is already winterized and parked for the winter . . . :(

We are kicking around the idea of going somewhere close to home on Christmas Day like we did last year (12/25/2012) when we took our brand new trailer out on it's maiden voyage, despite not being able to use the amenities of the trailer other than the furnace, fridge, stove, microwave and the TV's!

Although pulling a 30-foot beast in the snow when it is 10 degrees below zero outside is not one of the brightest things I've ever done . . . :p

View attachment 27378View attachment 27379View attachment 27380

But we did have fun! :D

And darned glad I brought the snow shovel along . . . :cool:

Loveland RV Park?

Westwind

We are snowbirds, will be spending 4 months in Florida this year from Jan. to beginning of May, which is the longest we have been on the road, to compensate for the added expense we are in one spot for 4 months rather then moving around which cost more. I would love to go off for 2 to 3 days during the summer but it's an added expense which pensions sometimes don't allow.

mbenedict

WHEN WE CAN. Both work but she gets summers off, (teacher). We park the rig at a lake resort most of the summer and travel from there. Someday...

Lynn1130

Travel for fun. We go to locations in SE Arizona at various times of the year for good wineries and good food. We camp on the Rim and around Flagstaff during the Summer and travel to Kansas (her family and me turkey hunting) at various times of the year. We have traveled to sights in various states around us. I hunt during the Fall/Winter season and that is about all of the cold weather I need. Full timing is no doubt fun for those who like it but about 2 weeks in a trailer is all I need before I go stir crazy.

Birchwood

Its difficult to describe what we do as camping.We don't enjoy living under trees or parking on grass or dirt.We are full timers but still enjoy the comforts of home with full concrete lots and manicured grounds.We also avoid parks than permit campfires as we don't enjoy the smell smoke all night.We CAMPED with a tent in our younger years.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
We use the Heartland rallies as a starting point and then either stay around the area for additional time and/or travel to somewhere we have wanted to visit that is kinda' on the way home.

We went to Alaska a couple of years ago and spent 3 months going and coming. We live in Virginia. That was awesome!!!

If the mood strikes us, we will pick a place and go for a while. We are retired and enjoy this luxury.

I'm not fussy about campgrounds, altho' I agree with the poster who said they avoid campfires. I am allergic to wood smoke, so I avoid them too. I like full-hookups with good water pressure and a level site. I like to be able to walk my dog without fearing for my life and I like to be able to walk the cg for exercise.

We own a sticks and bricks and can not see myself ever fulltiming, but I really enjoy the freedom of having my "house" with me and being able to go anywhere.

Now if they would just build that bridge to Hawaii ;)

mirgitroy

I would say we are an extended WEEKENDER in the spring and summer and a WEEKENDER SPORTSMAN in the fall and winter. Usually stay in-state (AR). But one of these days we will hit the long haul.

DonnyB007

Hi there M Benedict, I am D Benedict and I was a teacher too, just retiring last year. Nice to see another Benedict that chose teaching as a profession. :)

Happy Campers

We went from Weekenders when we both worked to Mosttimers when we both retired as we kept our stick house.On Friday 13th,April 2011 I woke up and got out of bed but couldn't walk so we havn't been RV'ing since that time.It took months and many doctors visits before I found a dr. that knew what happened to me.I now walk witih a cane but we need to try to go camping again and real soon.

HornedToad

Happy Camper,

I don't know where you are in Texas, but there is a Heartland Owners Club rally real soon, the first weekend of April in Santo, TX off I20 @ Hwy 281. I'm headed that way from West Texas Thursday night or Friday morning and if possible we could meet up and caravan. Once you arrive there will be plenty of hands to make sure you get settled in.

Glad your feeling better and ready to hit the road!!!

d_fergie

Right now a wannabe ... I didn't have a chance last time I was off due to commitments and weather, Softball games in San Angelo Saturday, supper(and play cards) on Monday night, and another Softball game Wednesday. (Tuesday - Wednesday is my only window).

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
John and Pat, to echo what Mike and Helen said, if you can make it to Santo, I know you will find several folks that will be glad to assist with anything you need.

Grey Ghost

Right now weekenders, but I'm retired just waiting for the wife and then off we go. We want to explore the USA, lots to see and enjoy right here in America. Have fun, enjoy and be safe out there! :cool: