What kinda camper are you?

HornedToad

I’m sure the RV industry has this down to a science, but for an informal survey just ask… What kinda camper are you?
It seems there are two basic categories, Fulltimers or Weekenders. Break these down a little further and if you need to create your own.

FULLTIMER Retired - No job, no house
FULLTIMER w/ Job – no house
ANYTIMER – house, goes out for weeks at a time
MOSTTIMER – house, goes out for months at a time

WEEKENDER Family Camper – school age children
WEEKENDER Motorsports – Motorcycle / Dune buggy / ATV
WEEKENDER Outdoorsman – Hiking / Rock Climbing / Spelunking
WEEKENDER Tailgater – Event spectator, Sports / Racing / Festivals
WEEKENDER Sportsman – Hunting / Fishing

priorguy

WEEKENDER Family Camper – school age and pre-school age children

long way off but dreaming of FULLTIMER Retired - No job, no house

Kbvols

We are more like RightTimmer- house, kids grown, still work. Camp when the time is right...extended weekend, vacations, some holidays basically when the right time hits to get away from work...FULLTIMING or ANYTIMING is in sight good lord and our less than stellar government willing. :cool:

JJnVA

ANYTimer, want to be MOSTTimer, but grandkids and elderly parent are priority right now. Really miss it when we r not camping in our Big Horn! Good news is we r out for a month right now, enjoying warm weather and friends in Florida!

olcoon

I guess we would be Mosttimers. Still have a house, kids are grown 1 grandson, & retired. Averages out to be living in the 5er about 6 months out of the year.

MTPockets

Traveling Fulltimers retired no job.... Stationary Nov - March Wintertime, moving around 7 months. Travelled in 49 states and 4 Provinces

VKTalley

We are Full-timers with a job (part-time) and a house (soon to be on the market, as we have not lived in it since September, 2012). Loving the mobile lifestyle!!!

Wmnmy

We are Happytimers anytime we can one retired one still workn go out when we can grandkids great grandkids lifes good:eek:

Last edited:

mayflower

Anytimers...one retired, one still works, house, job, camping anytime we can. Prefer weeks at a time visiting Grandkids. Looking forward to fulltiming.:cool:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We call ourselves fulltimers but we really still have a home (although we are seldom there). So I guess you could call us anytimers cause we go anytime and stay gone anytime.

rgwilliams69

EVERY Weekender - Motorsports/Tailgater - But several multi-week trips per year. On the road February through November 12,000+ miles typical. We've only had two weekends at home from mid-February until now. Weekend also typically means Friday through Sunday. We enjoy the Cyclone and put it to the test!

danemayer

Anytimers...one retired, one still works, house, job, camping anytime we can. Prefer weeks at a time visiting Grandkids. Looking forward to fulltiming.:cool:

Hi mayflower,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on your new Bighorn.

TXTiger

MostTimer, I go out for a few months and then go back home for a few months. Thinking about renting the house soon and going full time.

scottyb

Weekender - motorsports - dragboats - ATV's
Also Weekender Outdoorsman. Hiking, backpacking, and whitewater rafting.
One retired, one still working. Looking forward to Mosttimer. Haven't fully committed to the idea of Fulltiming.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Older thirty something's that are Fulltimers both with regular day jobs that still go and move about when possible. My 5th wheel has wheels under it for a reason...lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free