Who owns this forum

danemayer

Someone told me that Heartland owns this website. Just wondering if they do.

Hi pokypa,

Yes, Heartland owns the website, but it's run by owners for the benefit of owners. And if you read the forum rules, you'll see that the rules are mostly about maintaining a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment.

HornedToad

The website may be owned by Heartland...
but I would say from what's posted,
they do not try to control the content.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The website may be owned by Heartland...
but I would say from what's posted,
they do not try to control the content.
The content is controlled by the moderators, but only to the point that posts comply with Forum Rules and Policies.
We are not employees of Heartland

Peace.
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

All said thus far is true.

Myself and a former partner created and ran the forum in October 2004. I bought out his interest in the forum in 2005 or so.

When I became an employee of Heartland RVs in March 2008, I transferred the forum domains and forum software license to Heartland.

One of my primary roles at Heartland is to further develop and run the forum as a resource for owners and prospective owners. With the assistance of up to 5 volunteer forum moderators, we get the job done.

We are always receptive to feedback and ideas on how to improve the forum.

Thanks for asking, thanks for contributing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
One of my primary roles at Heartland is to further develop and run the forum as a resource for owners and prospective owners. With the assistance of up to 5 volunteer forum moderators, we get the job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AND a mighty fine job all of you do!! Just my 2 cents worth!:D:D

slborba

I concur, and add I had no idea until this thread that Heartland owned this website. That, in my opinion, goes to show that Heartland does not moderate what is being said and welcomes all the "chatter" about their products.
Thanks to everyone on here - some of you have helped me in so many ways, not just financially, but my sanity as well.

Steve

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When you look at the big picture and realize the number of positive and negative posts on this forum it tells me Heartland is a caring company by allowing posters to 'vent' and talk about the various issues they are having without interfering with the posts. Many other manufacturer owned forums do not allow this. Cudos to Heartland and thanks