Hauling a 4 wheeler

INDave

I don't have a toy hauler but a bighorn 5th wheel. I may want to take a four wheeler or razer with us any ideals? If I put a hitch and pull a trailer how hard is that. Could a rack be put on the back but that doesn't sound good to me.......Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A rack definitely would not be a good idea for hauling a four wheeler.
Is someone could fabricate a good receiver hitch you might be able to pull a small trailer.
I did see a guy at a rest stop a few years ago that was hauling a fifth wheel and had a rack built on his truck. The four wheelers were above the cab.
I should have taken a picture.
I am not recommending either, but they are just a couple of thoughts.
One more thing to consider is that if your 3010RE is still in warranty, and you have a problem after you have made any modifications, that could be a problem with warranty coverage.

Peace
Dave

priorguy

Look up double towing here on the forum. There are lots of ideas and tips as to how to do this properly and where if is legal to do it. Good luck. Remember, there are Lots if nice toy haulers out there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

A lot of people double tow when it is legal. Some states only allow double towing behind a 5th wheel. Others like Texas allow it behind a TT. My grandad towed a Bass Tracker aluminum boat behind his 24' Terry for many years. It's pretty easy to go over 65' in length, depending on which 5th wheel you have.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A lot of people double tow when it is legal. Some states only allow double towing behind a 5th wheel. Others like Texas allow it behind a TT. My grandad towed a Bass Tracker aluminum boat behind his 24' Terry for many years. It's pretty easy to go over 65' in length, depending on which 5th wheel you have.

Check out the 'swivel wheel' trailers. They attach to the trailer at two points (need a 2 receiver hitch) and become an extension of the trailer. You can even back up with it attached. I know of one person who had one when they owned a Landmark. They had a Volvo HD truck to pull it. They carried they Harley on it.

INDave

Thanks jim that is what I was looking for looks like it would work great. Thanks to the rest that replied......Dave

dbarnard

I have a swivel wheel made by "Toy Tote" and have hauled two Quads all over OR, CA, NV, and AZ. It mounts solid to the back of the 5th so you can backup. Some say it's not legal, but in the 4 years that I've used it I've never been stopped. It's made in Lake Havasu City, AZ. He builds just about any size and shape.

hoopers2

Lots of people double tow a small ATV trailer behind their 5th wheels. Adding a hitch can invalidate your warranty, so maybe wait until your warranty has expired before doing it. A small trailer can be had for around 1000 dollars. Toy Totes are very nice, but pricey.