Tapatalk forum reading App

Greengas

I've noticed that many forum members use tap to talk as a way to use the forum. I was going to get that app and join the group because the concept seems great but then I read the reviews. According to them the app has a significant problem with crashes, both the iPad and iPhone versions. A new update just came out for the iPhone version and it seems, again according to the reviews, to have made the problem worse. So, since I know to not always trust reviews I would like to hear from forum members who use the app. Is it worth getting? Does it in fact have a problem with crashing? And finally does it make using forums that much easier?

thanks in advance for your replies.

jbeletti

Re: Tap to Talk

Hi Ron,

I've never had an issue with Tapatalk crashing my mobile device. I use it on the iPhone to read the forum. The forum renders pretty well on an iPad in Safari but I still use Tapatalk on the iPad at times.

I believe the product is now free - so maybe it's worth taking a test drive.

Greengas

How is it different? Seems pretty easy without it, but what is advantage?
I think it is designed for folks who view multiple forums. But I'm sure the folks on the forum who use it will continue to chime in.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I've been using for months on my IPhone and IPad and haven't had a problem.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

It is good for multiple forums. I also have it set so I don't have to manually log in. I don't think it's ever crashed when I've been using it, either on my iPhone or iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Ronn,

On earlier versions I experienced problems with app stability, but the current version works extremely well on my Ipad 2. For reading, it's easier to use than my computer. Of course, when it's time to type, I'm much faster on a conventional keyboard. I also use the Android app on my phone, but it's not as nice as the iPad version.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Tapatalk had issues yesterday but started working last night. That was only issue I have had. I like it.

porthole

Retired

I use it like Jim, TaT on the iPhone, Safari on the iPad.
But, if I want to upload a picture using the iPad I switch over to TaT.

I have not had any issues.
Because it is a streamlined interface, I find it loads quicker and as a result uses less of my data plan.

Mizmary

I use tapatalk and the only time I've had major issues it has been a server issue with the actual forum. I love it!

priorguy

I had an issue where nothing would load a couple of weeks ago. Checked the iPhone settings and noticed tapatalk needed an update. Been fine ever since.