New to us tow vehicle

Tom-Kathi

Well we finally broke down and got a newer tow vehicle. I had some serious concerns about out 98 Chevy C3500 gasser moving the Big Country around safely.

So we just bought a 2008 Ford PSD, F350, DRW, CC truck.

So far so good. Having the hitch re-installed on it next week and we will be all ready for our next move in March.

Tom-Kathi

Yes it came with a two year extended warranty. Will probably continue it after it expires too. First diesel, not too up on them yet.

Sumo

If your going to tow, diesel the way to go. Ford make a good diesel, you'll be happy. (Not as happy as a Chevy owner, but still happy. LOL)

dave10a

So far I my truck has performed very well and pulls my trailer coast to coast with ease. I have the extended warranty with service. The only problem I have had is the dealers performing routine service across the nation. Some do what the are suppose to do and others don't. The bad dealers don't rotate the tires, check or add antifreeze nitrates when needed, replace fuel filters, properly install oil filters by filling them with oil first, greasing the front wheel universal joints, use the correct grade of oil for severe duty, top off the DEF and so forth. One needs to read up on what Ford recommends and then watch what the so-called mechanics are doing. Don't assume they are doing proper maintenance when you are sitting in the waiting area reading magazines. A few dealers actually told me that the Ford recommendations are over-kill. I then tell them that we should have a conference call to the Ford area representative to clear up any misunderstanding. In those situation the dealer did what the manual recommends.
Remember the dealer charges back to the service contract and the less maintenance they do the more profit they make. So buyer be ware.

porthole

Retired
Well we finally broke down and got a newer tow vehicle. I had some serious concerns about out 98 Chevy C3500 gasser moving the Big Country around safely.

So we just bought a 2008 Ford PSD, F350, DRW, CC truck.

So far so good. Having the hitch re-installed on it next week and we will be all ready for our next move in March.

Good luck with your new truck.

Cheap insurance with your engine, especially for a hard working tow vehicle. $150 coolant filter.
Easy to install, change the filter after 1 month & 6 months then yearly for 1 or 2 years.

Just one vendor.
http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/sinister/coolant-filtration-system.htm