Our Cyclone has arrived at the dealer.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Finally! Its been three months since we placed our order for our Cyclone 4000 elite. Dealer called to day and advised us it has arrived on the lot and set up a PDI for Wednesday 10:00 AM.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

alex00

I can't wait to see pictures! That full body paint is going to look so good. So what was worse, the three month wait while they built it, or knowing it is in town and not ready until at least Wednesday? :)

donr827

Be sure you spend your time and do a complete PDI yourself before signing the papers. Much easier to get any problems taken care of before you take possession. If possible spend the first night at the dealer working all the systems and trying out all of the switches.
Don

szewczyk_john

during the PDI make them put water in the fresh water tank and use the system at every possible location in the trailer. Once the water system is fully pressurized and the pump shuts off, listen for the pump to turn back on, if it does you have a leak. I would then make them hook a hose up to to check the city water connections. Too many people allow the dealer to state that they checked the system only to discover leaks during their first trip.

remoandiris

Don't let your short term excitement allow for a long term problem. As other have stated, take your time doing the PDI. It could take 3+ hours to run thru the coach. Don't allow the dealership to rush you. Be systematic about your approach; front to back or back to front.

Some folks suggest having one person start on the outside and the spouse on the inside. I disagree with that. I think one should follow the other and doublecheck the items. Yes, it takes longer, but if a problem later develops, there is no finger pointing since both missed it.

Some things you may want to have with you to help with the PDI; flashlights, thermometers (to check the fridge, freezer, a/c, and fireplace thermostat), digital camera (with video if you have one), clip boards, checklists, mechanics creeper (for checking under the unit), tire pressure guage.

scottyb

Congrats. I'm sure it seems like an eternity, waiting for it. One other thing, make sure to set up everything such as pedestal tables, etc. Mine was supposed to have 3 table tops, but two were missing, and we didn't discover it until later. Just too much going on. It was like pulling teeth to get them out of the dealer later.

Also, you are lucky to be taking delivery at this time of year. It is much more condusive to climbing on top, crawling around underneath, and running the furnace now, than it was for us in July at 105 degrees.

Hope we get to see some photos soon. There haven't been many Cyclones yet with FB paint.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Thanks for the input everyone. We are seasoned fulltimers and this will be our second unit. I know the problems with not doing a good PDI. Our first 5er was a rush job by the dealer and it showed. As soon as we drove off the lot I had brake problems which the Prodigy controller showed. It took me months to get it fixed. I' ve already downloaded a PDI check list. When the dealer contacted us yesterday I changed our appointment from late after noon to early norning advising them that was not enough time and evevrything would need to be correct before we take delivery and they were paid (money talks in these cases).

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

TXTiger

Congrats chiefneon on your new unit. Sounds like you have experience doing a PDI. Have fun with your new unit.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We received a call today from the person incharge of getting our Cyclone 4000 ready for us to due our a PDI tomorrow. He advised us that they had shipped our unit with the wrong couch. I asked the wrong color and he stated NO THE WRONG ONE! How does that happen is there not any quality control at the factory? He stated the unit is usable if we wanted to go ahead and pick it up. My answer was when everything is right we will pick up the unit and they will get paid. Also I asked this question regarding satellite as we are going to us a portable automatic one, and wanted a receiver in the living and bedroom. They advised the unit would have to be rewired for this. I asked why a new 2014 unit could not get satellite and was advised most people don't use it. I find that very hard to believe. Anyway we have to now wait until they ship the right couch and install it.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

danemayer

Howdy!

We received a call today from the person incharge of getting our Cyclone 4000 ready for us to due our a PDI tomorrow. He advised us that they had shipped our unit with the wrong couch. I asked the wrong color and he stated NO THE WRONG ONE! How does that happen is there not any quality control at the factory? He stated the unit is usable if we wanted to go ahead and pick it up. My answer was when everything is right we will pick up the unit and they will get paid. Also I asked this question regarding satellite as we are going to us a portable automatic one, and wanted a receiver in the living and bedroom. They advised the unit would have to be rewired for this. I asked why a new 2014 unit could not get satellite and was advised most people don't use it. I find that very hard to believe. Anyway we have to now wait until they ship the right couch and install it.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
Hi Chiefneon,

Heartland often makes mid-year changes, so it's very possible they changed the sofa and the dealer was surprised. I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and ask them about the sofa. You can also ask them about the satellite wiring. Dealers are notoriously ignorant about the satellite and A/V hookups.

alex00

Howdy!

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

How do they put the wrong couch in the 4000? I don't think there are any couches that would fit in the space. I wonder if the dealer is just confused because they changed the couch a few months ago. Did they look in the garage for the other "half" of the couch?

I sure hope you get an answer soon.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Dan, just wanted to thank you for the number to Heartland. I contacted them this morning and spoke to Justin. He was aware of the problem and had been in contact with the dealership. He gave me a better description of what was going on. He stated the the new Broyhill furniture had just started
using it in January which we have. Some how the back to the "L" spaped couch was installed on and belonged on the loveseat couch, whcih they can correct. But do not have the correct parts to the "L" shaped and it will have to be shipped from Broyhill. I still asked about the quqlity control at the factory and he went silent on that one. Good news it being corrected, we're just on hold until then.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Last edited:

alex00

I'm glad they are taking care of this. Are you waiting until it is all fixed before taking delivery, or are you taking it home until the couch parts arrive?

chiefneon

I'm glad they are taking care of this. Are you waiting until it is all fixed before taking delivery, or are you taking it home until the couch parts arrive?

Howdy!

When they advised me the unit was usable I asked them it they would bring the parts to Livingston two hours away to install them. His response was NO. So mine was we would take delivery when everything was right and they would get paid.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

kowAlski631

Good for you! Too many reported issues reported come from "dealer amnesia" - a condition that occurs a maximum of two minutes after delivery of an RV needing repair.

Martha

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".