Interstate 6 Volt Deep Cycle RV batteries

Ks.Kev

After reading the posts on the batteries set ups .... I'm thinking on going with 2 Interstate 6 volt deep cycle batteries instead of 2 - (group 27) 12 volt batteries. (which would be a better set up, right?) I have seen others going with Costco's brand..... BUT where I live we don't have a Costco. So started looking around here close to home and found the Interstate ones (the GC2). Does anybody know if these are worth getting? //heartlandowners.org/images/banner_rv_6volt-deepcycle.jpg

Thanks for any and all input for this NEWBIE!!!!
6-VOLT DEEP CYCLE
BCI
Group
Part Number
Ah
RC
RC
Dimensions (inches)
Warranty
20 hr
25A
75A
L
W
H
Free Months
GC2
GC2-XHD or RV-XHD
10 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]
7 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]16[/SUB]
11 [SUP]7[/SUP]⁄[SUB]16[/SUB]
RECREATIONAL
VEHICLE

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The Interstate 6v batteries in our Cyclone lasted 2 yrs. I replaced them with Trojans.
Your mileage may vary

brianharrison

Interstate supplies a couple of different model 6V deep cycle batteries - some deep cycle/cranking batteries (poor in my opinion) and GC2 (Golf cart) batteries, which makes it confusing. They have different thickness plates, plate grid structure and cell chemistry (calcium/calcium vs antimony/calcium), with the GC2 being the batter model from Interstate (now made by Johnson Controls, used to be US Battery). The model you mentioned is the better of the two models.

US Battery makes a good battery and of course Trojan, as mentioned above.

With regard to the Optima Blue top - if it is dual purpose - ie Deep Cycle and Starting - it is a compromise and is not as good as a true deep cycle - ie Trojan.

Brian

scottyb

Many of the high end Class A's use Interstate or Trojan. If I wanted the best, I would go with Lifeline AGM's but they cost almost 2x of the Trojans. I have 4 batteries and I don't know if I would be willing to spend $1200 to replace them. One blog author claims that the $89 Energizer GC-2's give you the best bang for the buck and that's the direction I went. You can get them at most Sam's, Walmarts, or Batteries Plus. I have had them for a year so I will see how well they hold up.

Jimsryker

. I have 4 batteries and I don't know if I would be willing to spend $1200 to replace them. One blog author claims that the $89 Energizer GC-2's give you the best bang for the buck and that's the direction I went. You can get them at most Sam's, Walmarts, or Batteries Plus. I have had them for a year so I will see how well they hold up.

My mistake. I see from your post that you have a 4100, not a 3010. None the less, any info is appreciated!

Hey Scottyb. I know we both have the same Heartland 3010 so I wanted to ask you about this topic. Where are your batteries stored? Did you install a rack or are they all in the default battery compartment next to the Generator? I have a feeling you've already commented on this but I don't want to go digging for it. I want to have two 12 volt's but I also don't want to add too much weight for that area. If anyone knows the weight capacity of this area on the 2013 3010, please feel free to post here.