EASY PASS.....what to do?...

Yoder

So I called them today, and the guy over the phone told me to go through the manned lane and they will add the extra charge to the easy pass account. Once it is time to get off I would assume it would be ok to use the easy pass lane since it is just seeing where I am getting off. Forgot to ask that part since the guy I was talking to spoke very very poor English and I was getting frustrated since it took him 10 minutes just to tell me that first part.

sbryan

Here's what NH says about my EZ Pass account:

<dt style="margin: 10px 30px 5px; cursor: pointer; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px 6px 5px; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); font-weight: bold; position: relative; top: 10px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">I sometimes pull a camper or trailer with my vehicle. Can I still use my transponder?</dt><dd style="margin: 5px 50px 10px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 2px 9px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: relative; top: 10px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">Yes. In this instance the equipment in the lane is designed to identify that your vehicle is pulling a trailer and you will be charged accordingly. However, if you think this will be a regular occurrence, you should call the Customer Service Center and have them send you a transponder programmed for the vehicle classification you use most frequently. You should never use your transponder in a vehicle type other than the one you initially requested (i.e. car transponder in a tractor-trailer).</dd>

porthole

Retired
we can not use our standard ez pass on the Deleware Memorial bridge they always always always charge us the max no matter which lane we are in. Thank you for the info on the Blue I will be calling them today and finding out!

Donna, In New Jersey the white tags are for private passenger vehicles and the blue tags are for commercial accounts.

The toll rates in our area are based on the vehicle, not the tag color.

With the private white tags you are allowed up to four units and will be billed based on your usage. E.g. if you seldom use the toll system the replenishment will typically be $25 at a $10 re-charge threshold. Start towing a lot and the re-charge can jump quite a bit. I have seen $100 charges after the trips down the east coast. The high re-charge rate will stay in effect for several billing cycles.

Blue tag accounts can have many tags. My part time company never gets charged more then $25 at a time for replenishment.

There is a special rate for RV'rs over the DMB, $8.
But, you have to put your transponder in the silver bag, only go through a manned toll and request the RV rate. Otherwise you pay $20.00.

That RV rate covers everything from a car pulling a single axle popup all the why up to a Class A motorhome pulling a trailer.

It does not cover any RV trailer being pulled by a DRW pickup though. For that combo we enjoy the privilege of paying $20