4 or 6-point leveling-Which?

DebiMac

We have a Big Horn 3670 (approx. 40 ft) and need to add an automatic leveling system. Is there somewhere we can research if the 4 or 6 point leveling system is better for our rig? Are there technical specs that will show us if 4 point is sufficient or if we need to go to 6 point? And what has been the experience of other owners of rigs this size? What has been the experience of others in having this added post-purchase?

Rob_Fla

We have a 40 Ft SOB 5th Wheel and added the Reico Titan 4 Point Leveling system to it.
We have been very happy with the system.
If just overnighting or only staying a couple of days, we only use the new 4 Point Jacks.
If staying longer, we lower the factory installed rear stabilizer for additional stability.
We also have the Plug it Right Stabilizers on or front legs, they made a BIG Difference too.
http://www.plugitright.com/RVStabilizer.html

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I installed the Reico-Titan system on my 3670 myself. And the Ultra-fab stabilizers. Not very hard to DIY.

danemayer

We have a Big Horn 3670 (approx. 40 ft) and need to add an automatic leveling system. Is there somewhere we can research if the 4 or 6 point leveling system is better for our rig? Are there technical specs that will show us if 4 point is sufficient or if we need to go to 6 point? And what has been the experience of other owners of rigs this size? What has been the experience of others in having this added post-purchase?
With respect to the Lippert auto-leveling systems, they originally put 4 point (plus stabilizers) on large coaches. Our 39' Rushmore has them. Lots of us have them and they work fine. Then one day they came out with the 6 point system. After the 6 point became available, I believe they kept the 4 point system in the marketplace but positioned it as the choice for shorter/lighter coaches.

jnbhobe

The first level-up was offered as 6 point at the 2010 Nashville rally by Lippert for $2400 installed in Goshen to rally goers only

jimpav

I also installed the Rico Titan Ground Control 4 point levelers as well. I do not have any hydraulics in my Eagle Ridge so the electric levelers were a simple choice. I like the electric system anyway as I don't have to worry about any Hydraulic oil leaks and hose problems. THe Ground control also has beefier front jacks than OEM.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I also installed the Rico Titan Ground Control 4 point levelers as well. I do not have any hydraulics in my Eagle Ridge so the electric levelers were a simple choice. I like the electric system anyway as I don't have to worry about any Hydraulic oil leaks and hose problems. THe Ground control also has beefier front jacks than OEM.

X2. We installed Rico Titan system, purchased from Mobile Outfitters, last summer. DH installed system on our ElkRidge in one day. Our coach is 37ft. We had the Steadyfast stabilization system before we added 4-point, and with the rear electric jacks, altogether we are happy with very little wiggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired

Curious as to your thinking.

4 point is "2" additional jacks behind the rear tires and the 2 landing gear assemblies.
6 point is 4 additional jacks, 2 behind and 2 in front of the axles and the 2 landing gear assemblies.

Just me personally, but I would not consider using 4 points. That puts a tremendous load on the frame. And the rear electric stabilizer jacks are not designed to do any lifting.

With respect to the Lippert auto-leveling systems, they originally put 4 point (plus stabilizers) on large coaches. Our 39' Rushmore has them. Lots of us have them and they work fine. Then one day they came out with the 6 point system. After the 6 point became available, I believe they kept the 4 point system in the marketplace but positioned it as the choice for shorter/lighter coaches.

6 point was out first and the original design.
I'm pretty sure the 4 point version was a cost measure.

And, it was correctly predicted by the lead Lippert installer that the 4 point would be superseded with the 6 point within a few months of the introduction.

And for those with the initial factory offered 4 point, Lippert has an upgrade available.

bdb2047

I originally had four point. I had Lippert add 2 jacks to bring it to 6 point this past Jan. Much better now do not notice movement less noise. 6 point for me would be way to go.

Wmnmy

we had camping world install the rico titan ground control 4-point leveling system on our elkridge love it each motor and leg support 5000 pounds with a 20,000 total weight I love it easy to use and level lifts the entire coach off the ground to change tires looked easy to install I just wanted some kinda warranty from CW...