Welcome to Alaska's newest chapter members

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hey all you fellow Heartlanders! Please help me in giving a warm Heartland Welcome to the newest Alaska Chapter Members, Scott Ruby and Tina McLean (screen name AKDallBH) from Moose Pass Alaska! They have recently purchased a 2008 Bighorn. We hope to get them down to a Rally or two in the near future to be able to meet and introduce them.

Rodbuster

A very warm welcome to Scott and Tina from the both of us here in Florida.
You have to try to get to a Heartland Rally, they are a blast.

Dick & Fran

AKDallBH

Thank you all. We pick up the Bighorn next Tuesday.....I drive past it every day on my way to work and it just is killing me! Because of work, we are "stuck" here in Alaska until September.then we are headed out for the winter. Have been talking about getting a 5th wheel and touring the US for the past 5 years, now it is time to do it! Tina's keeps talking about how when she was a kid they woudl stay at KOA campgrounds and goto the pancake feeds, she is really looking forward to some rally's.

I am busy packing up two houses and in my spare time goine through all the forums to find tons of information. Just got through with a thread with 8-10 mods for the 3670, and it isn't in the driveway yet!

If anyone happens to be coming through our way, drop us a line. Our house in Moose Pass is 15 minutes from the boat launch on the upper Kenai river. It is about a 1-5 hour float down in the drift boat.. If you want to see Eagles, Mt. Goats, Dall Sheep, and potentially bears, come on by!

Scott (and Tina)

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Welcome, now there is a Rally I want to go to. NY to Alaska in a weekend! LOL

Last edited:

AKDallBH

Picked up the 5th wheel last night! It is a considerable upgrade from out 1978 21' skamper! Have an appt Friday to get all new tires on it, as the ones one it I suspect are the originals. It has been sitting for thee years, the tags expired in 2011!

Off this weekend for a trip to Seward, about 135 miles, but up over a mtn pass. Should be a good shakeout trip. Plus the Red Salmon are starting to run in Seward, so may even get a little fishing in. There is a lot to absorb with this unit, as most of the systems are new to us. I've already read tons of information off the forum, and have lots of ideas for shelves, storage, and things to check/verify before we head out for good in September.

Scott