2009 Big Horn????

Delaine and Lindy

We are going tomorrow to look at the Big Horn 5th wheels. Would like to hear from owners as to why we should buy a Big Horn. Would like to hear your likes and dislikes. Thanks.. GBY

sjrellis

Our experience has only been for about 4 months, now. BUT, it has all been in Wisconsin. The temps here last week were frigid...-15. We had to let the cold water in the kitchen drip for about 5 nights. The quality we have seen has been great. Fortunately for us, we have not had to have any warranty work, so that hasn't been a factor for us. But, you can read many of these threads and see that for the most part, there are good service departments out there and also good input from Heartland.

Others will chime in and give you their input.

Good luck and welcome!

jimtoo

GMC 3500

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I think you know my position on Heartland and Bighorns from RV.NET. Just ask away and you will get the good and the bad. Hope you join us as an owner.

Jim

I don't know why I didn't think to use that name.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We luv ours

We've had our Bighorn for 18 months. We are full timers and have lived in it for all of that time. It's been to our dealer once for minor repairs and at the owners rally we had some work done under warranty. We've owned everything except a Class A. Of the several different brands we've owned Heartland has been comparable or better. Our Tioga Class C had some serious delaminating problems caused by leaks and after a short battle with Fleetwood, they repaired it. I'm pretty handy and have had to take care of some issues on my own. Not that our dealer wouldn't or couldn't take care of us. At times it's just easier to git er dun by doing it myself. I would buy another Heartland in a Heartbeat but this one will last us for as long as we'll need it:D. Another thing to check. How many manufacturers follow their owners forum and respond to it like Heartland does? Plus they use it as a tool to improve the product.

Delaine and Lindy

Big Horn owners, We went to a Big Horn dealership today. Wow we are impressed, with the build, fit and finish. We spent several hours looking but spent most of or time in the 2009 3600RL wish had the same floor plan as the one we just sold. We really didn't want to go that large again (4 slides) but this may just be what we get. This unit was ordered and for some reason they didn't take it so its loaded up. It has 2 A/C, two TV's and preped for Onan generator and W/D. It has the King of the Mountain package, I guess most of you are familar with that. We may just buy this unit. Again we were impressed and we have owned 3 other 5th wheels. Going Wed. and have the B&W turnover ball with the Companion 5th wheel hitched. And we will see what happens. As DW says if its supposed to happen it will. But just think of all places we could have gone they have a unit with all the options we wanted??? None GBY.....

Dislikes: Didn't like the tires.... They will be changed in the near future.....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
GMC 3500...Glad to see you on the forum. You will find all the information and help you need here, without the dramatics.

Like I said earlier...hope to see you in Branson!

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Take some time and look around the forum and you'll find whatever your concern is has probably been discussed. The unit we have is our 5th unit from all different companies. We've had the big ticket RV to the intro "corrugated" side travel trailer. We liked this company from the beginning. Everything from the sales, service to customer support after the sale is right with this company. Yes, change the tires!!

pickuphunt

2009 Big Horn

We are on our 4th 5th Wheel, Coachman first, Big Sky Montana, BH 3670RL and now a 2009 3600RL. We are very pleased with the unit. I have made a number of personal additions (see other threads by pickuphunt). I think you will be pleased with the unit. Our 3670 didn't have the 'drop frame' in front which give so much more storage space. Happy with the two propane tanks on the same side. The slide valves now at eye level on the side and not under the front compartment door. We had a closet next to the bathroom in the Big Sky - we missed that in the 3670, but have it back in the 3600. We had more storage in the front of the kitchen in the 3670, but the 3600 is adequate. The desk area is larger in the 3600 (about 2 feet extra which is important to me as I use the desk area for my computer/printer work. We also opted not to get the fireplace. It has a nice effect, but we preferred the added storage area.
Visit this web site often - good folks live here.