It is back

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
As many of you know, I was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer in September 2009. At that time I underwent 28 treatments of Chemo and Radiation, followed by surgery to remove most of the Esophagus, stomach and 25 lymph nodes. I had all of this done at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. I then had checkups every 3 months. At the 2nd 3 month checkup a lymph node was found with cancer. The diagnosis was the Esophageal Cancer had metastasized to that node. I had another 28 treatments of Chemo and Radiation. That was completed in November of 2010. Since that time I have been have regular checkups at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Everything was great at these checkups until May of 2014 (2 months ago). At that checkup another suspicious Lymph Node was found. Further testing has revealed the node to have Esophageal Cancel cells in it. So the bottom line is the beast is back.

For those who don't know I have been told by the doctors that you are limited in the number of times (and the amount) of radiation treatments you can have. So since I have already received two radiation treatments in that area (upper chest) I cannot be radiated in that area again. I have been told by my Medical Oncologist that the treatment plan is to remove the affected Lymph Node via surgery. So right now I am waiting for the surgery to be scheduled, which should happen within the next week or so. The prognosis is good with a successful surgery.

I ask that you keep me in your prayers for a successful outcome and what my Heartland family to know I am grateful for their support in the past and look forward to many more great times ahead. BTW, if any of you have Reflux, please get it medically evaluated as this is one of the things that can lead to Esophageal Cancer.

Thank God for M.D.Anderson and God's blessing on their doctors and staff. Thanks and I will keep you posted.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, we are sorry to hear this latest news. We will continue to pray for you and for your doctors so that you can again recover and finally beat this cancer. May God Bless you.

WCW

My wife and I will be praying for you and yours. It sounds like you are positive and that goes a long way in aiding recovery.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Praying that you, your medical professionals and Our Lord and Savior team up to get control of the beast and that you will be happy and healthy for a good long time!

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Jim,

Know that I will be Praying for you, the Doctors and all who care for you. May the Lord bless you with ever improving health, comfort you in the difficult times that are ahead of you, provide you and those who support you with His divine grace.

Kevin

danemayer

Jim,

I'm attaching a prayer card that Ann put together a few years ago to help herself and others focus on healing prayers based on God's Word. Hope you find it helpful.

Attachments

• healing-prayer-2.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 23

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim

Prayers for you sir. I am in and out of the Houston area all the time for work so if you ever need anything please let me know.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alethaj

I am new to the group and have not meet anyone in person yet....but please know that you will be added to our prayer list. God listens and I know that you will be surrounded by love and lifted in prayer. Please keep us informed...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wow . . . all of our prayers to you!

Makes my medical issues seem very minimal compared to what you have going on . . .

Seren

Praying for a successful surgery and an end to the cancer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Get well. Trace and Teri

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and wishing you a speedy and blessed recovery!

Rod and Kelly

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Cancer is indeed a beast! We wish you good luck and speedy recovery along with anyone else who may be going through this type of trouble.

Kristy

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Dorothy and I pray Jim for you, your family, surgeon, nurses, medical staff, for your upcoming surgery and to have victory over the "beast". God bless you.

traveler44

Wishing you all the best. We will certainly pray for you. You helped us find an rv park near the veterans hospital when our son had to go there. Tom and Mary