Big Horn 3755Fl

jimtoo

Hi Fitter48093,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Personally I don't think you could ask for a better company to do business with. Heartland has a great reputation of taking care of their customers. Usually if any warranty problem comes up, it's because the dealer did not repair it correctly and wants to be paid again for a job he did not do correctly the first time. Heartland will also authorize a non-dealer (rv repair shop) to do repairs with prior authorization, which sometimes works better for folks.

Enjoy the forum and get your Big Horn and join us at a rally.

Jim M

donr827

They are both good rv manufacturers. I choose Bighorn based on standard equipment and options available. Also the brand managers can be a big help.Don

adam

My wife and I toured the Jayco line-up. We looked really hard at the Pinnacle in the full body paint and were considering the new 38FLFA. My wife and I really liked the idea of a front living room as we travel with our 2 young daughters. The issues became apparent once we got in the Jayco product.....In our opinion;

The unit felt very plastic-like, the wall panels were very flimsy and some of the interior doors had very low clearance. The tank sizes were on the small side and the basement storage was very SMALL to say the least. Once you get into a product and get some hands on time, well that can really make the difference. If I had to buy a Jayco - I would save some money and go into their Premier line, esentially the same FW and save yourself alot of money!

We also looked at the Lifestyle and Trilogy product and of course the entry level DRV unit. The DRV is nice, but heavy and pricey.

Needless to say their is a new Landmark sitting in our driveway now.

Adam

My wife and I toured the Jayco line-up. We looked really hard at the Pinnacle in the full body paint and were considering the new 38FLFA. My wife and I really liked the idea of a front living room as we travel with our 2 young daughters. The issues became apparent once we got in the Jayco product.....In our opinion;

The unit felt very plastic-like, the wall panels were very flimsy and some of the interior doors had very low clearance. The tank sizes were on the small side and the basement storage was very SMALL to say the least. Once you get into a product and get some hands on time, well that can really make the difference. If I had to buy a Jayco - I would save some money and go into their Premier line, esentially the same FW and save yourself alot of money!

We also looked at the Lifestyle and Trilogy product and of course the entry level DRV unit. The DRV is nice, but heavy and pricey.

Needless to say their is a new Landmark sitting in our driveway now.

Adam[/QUOTE
I know exactly what you mean about the Jayco Pinnacle. My husband and I were also close to ordering one, until we drove almost 4 hours to get a first hand look at one. Finally one of us had the courage to say that we did not like the camper. We are now hoping to get a look at a Big Country 3700FL Probably won't be one available in our area for another month or so. That is just fine. We will not order anything until we have first hand experience with any camper. My only concern with this floor plan is the size of kitchen, drawer area and counter space etc. Does anyone here have experience with this floor plan? How does the kitchen work for you??

SeattleLion

Looking hard at this floor plan; We have it narrowed down to this or a Jayco. How has the warranty been on the Heartland?

We looked at the Pinnacle. It, at least to us, was the closest to the Bighorn in features and layout. However, the Pinnacle is priced like the Landmark which is a bit out of our budget, so we went with the Bighorn 3160. Heartland has been good to work with. They are very involved with us owners and that certainly has improved our RV experience.

dieseldogsdad

I know exactly what you mean about the Jayco Pinnacle. My husband and I were also close to ordering one, until we drove almost 4 hours to get a first hand look at one. Finally one of us had the courage to say that we did not like the camper. We are now hoping to get a look at a Big Country 3700FL Probably won't be one available in our area for another month or so. That is just fine. We will not order anything until we have first hand experience with any camper. My only concern with this floor plan is the size of kitchen, drawer area and counter space etc. Does anyone here have experience with this floor plan? How does the kitchen work for you??

Have you looked at the new 3750FL. It has a little different layout in the living room. It has a power theater seat facing the tv. We saw the debut of it at the Hershey show and loved it. Just ordered one this week. There are not many at the dealers yet. Holman in Ohio has one and that is also who we ordered from. The reason I didn't purchase the one in stock is because the one they have has the buckskin decor and we wanted the darker.

dieseldogsdad

Just ordered a new 3750FL this week. Also bought a new B&W Companion hitch. I would like to set the hitch up before I pick up the new 5er in 6-10 weeks. I don't figure there are many of the 3750FL models out there so I figure I would ask the 3755FL owners since it looks to be very similar design. My question is what is the height of the kingpin plate when sitting level on level ground? I guess it doesn't have to be level ground just flat with the 5er sitting even with the ground front to back. Also how high is it to the bottom of the living room floor (checking for bed rail clearance)? Or at least let me know how high the top of your fifth wheel plate (on the hitch) is off the ground. I have a 2013 GMC 4x4 DRW and have been seeing some posts about lack of clearance due to the higher bed rails. Does anyone have this setup with their 3750FL?