Is It Time For An RV Operator License

Status
Not open for further replies.

porthole

Retired
Before state or national RV license requirements I'd prefer to see licensing for fire apparatus operators.

In New Jersey there is no requirement other then a basic NJ drivers license.

Keep that in mind the next time you see a 60 or 70,000 pound ladder truck barreling down the street. Could very well be an 18-21 year old with no concept of air brake operation.

How many RV incidents a year are there?

Nationwide, about half of the fire LODD's are MVA related, and most of those are single vehicle (fortunately).

JanAndBill

Before state or national RV license requirements I'd prefer to see licensing for fire apparatus operators.

In New Jersey there is no requirement other then a basic NJ drivers license.

Keep that in mind the next time you see a 60 or 70,000 pound ladder truck barreling down the street. Could very well be an 18-21 year old with no concept of air brake operation.

How many RV incidents a year are there?

Nationwide, about halifs are MVA related, and most of those are single vehicle (fortunately).

Alabama is the same. Couple years ago we had a 17 year old in a neighboring district killed when he missed a bridge during a response in a pumper. However like the RV accidents you only tend to hear about them when they make the news.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We require our drivers to be 23 yrs. old and being trained and evaluated by a qualified operator. That's in addition to completing the state VFIS driver training course (which I also teach). And probies are not even considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

Maybe it's time to close this thread. Everybody has made their points and opinions. JMHO....................Don

Status
Not open for further replies.