Edge M18 - Bathroom Floor Soft Spots

dq72

Hello all,
I bought a new Heartland Edge M18 in 2011 from Arbutus in Nanaimo BC, and because I was new to campers and bought a premium camper I took the bait and purchased the 7 year extended warranty they offered me. About 2 years after purchase my bathroom floor has developed soft areas, I stopped in at the dealer and they said most likely warranty won't touch it. I contacted Heartland, and they said, sorry they don't have anything to do with extended warranty. They also recommended removing the underbelly to see what's going on, but that I would be on my own with that one. I wish I would have taken it back to the dealer around the 11 month mark when I possibly could have pushed it, but I didn't as I felt a false sense of security with the extended warranty. It's not worth it!

dq72

Hello everyone,
I have a 2011 Heartland Edge M18 that has an area on the bathroom floor that has slowly (since day1) developed a ridge running through the bathroom floor. View attachment 31664 The picture doesn't do it justice, but it runs across the bathroom, and when standing on it the floor is spongy on either side. I went to the dealer where I purchased it (Arbutus RV in Nanaimo BC) twice now (maybe 18 months into owning it, and then again 2 months ago). The service tech said he doesn't think its water related, but that he can't tell unless they cut the lino. Being a top end trailer and a new trailer owner I purchased the 7 year extended warranty they offered for peace of mind. The dealer said that the bumper to bumper warranty I purchased likely wouldn't touch it, so I contacted Heartland. They said that they have nothing to do with extended warranty, and that I should remove the underbelly rather than cut the lino, but that it's not their issue. Lesson learned - don't buy and\or count on any extended warranty, even if it costs $2000.
For the problem, I haven't been able to find any leaks, either under the shower, around the sink, or the toilet. Not sure what to do about it, or if I should just leave it and see how bad it gets. Has anyone else experienced this with there Edge Trailer? Heartland told me that they have no known issues with the integrity of their floors in the Edge trailers.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If it were my trailer and that bothered me, I would not think twice about lifting the floor vinyl. If done correctly you would not see the repair when put back together.
Maybe you could find a flooring installer and for a few bucks he would cut and then replace the area cut out for repair of the floor.
It kinda looks like the sub floor may have come loose from whatever it was fastened to.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: extended warranty?? after 5 yrs??

Hello all,
I bought a new Heartland Edge M18 in 2011 from Arbutus in Nanaimo BC, and because I was new to campers and bought a premium camper I took the bait and purchased the 7 year extended warranty they offered me. About 2 years after purchase my bathroom floor has developed soft areas, I stopped in at the dealer and they said most likely warranty won't touch it. I contacted Heartland, and they said, sorry they don't have anything to do with extended warranty. They also recommended removing the underbelly to see what's going on, but that I would be on my own with that one. I wish I would have taken it back to the dealer around the 11 month mark when I possibly could have pushed it, but I didn't as I felt a false sense of security with the extended warranty. It's not worth it!

You need to get the paperwork out for the extended warranty.

Chances are it was not Heartland who was the backer of the warranty