EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NV, Sparks - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulh

Can a couple of mid-westerners join in?

We are taking an extended RV trip with our grandson late this summer on a tour of National Parks. He will be flying home from Salt Lake City over Labor Dayweek-end for school, and we will be taking a more leisurely route home to Michigan. We had a great time at our first National Rally in Goshen a couple of week ago, and it made us excited to attend others. Since we will be so close to your rally, we thought we would head west from SLC to join your festivities. I will have to make our camping reservations tomorrow as I see their office is closed,but we are planning to arrive on September 9th and leave on September 14 to head back to Utah for their rally.

Looking forward to our second chapter rally with you!

Paul and Brenda Curtis
and Bo (Goldendoodle)
Williamston, MI
2012 Bighorn 3585RL and 2008 Ford F350

HOC Events Attended:
2014 Alamissibamassippi Chapter Rally, Gulf Shores, Alabama

2015 National Rally, Goshen, Indiana

Hey Paul - Glad to hear you will be at the Sparks Rally. It was fun visiting with you in Goshen. We used the map for MI you had given me on our trip back through there and into WI. We stayed in Traverse City and Mackinaw City just like we talked about - what a beautiful state you have. We also got to dip our feet in 3 of the Great Lakes. I wish we could have spent more time there but had to get back to Idaho. It will be good to see you again in Sparks. Travel safe.

SD08ER

Just booked us for the 10th to 13th. Have to skip going to Jackson to be at my Daughters Wedding. Just happy we can make it to one of the rally's.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Tom, What am I going to do without you as Mayor and Chief Photographer??? We are sorry to hear you can't make it. We will see you in Jackson, right?
George And Laura

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great new info on the first post in the thread. Thank you George and Laura.
Looking forward to a fun time with wonderful people.

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi George & Laura,

We just returned home from going to the WA rally & had such a wonderful time, that we are so excited for the Sparks & Jackson rallies! Let us know if we can help you with anything.

(BTW, we like Fruit Loops too - Tony doesn't share, he says "fresh out" LOL)

See you soon!

Chuck & Donna

jdfishing

Hi George and Laura: For now, we are still planning on attending your rally. I ordered a 2016 RAM and the delivery date will be around the end of July, I hope. I should be able to get the new hitch in shortly after I take delivery, so I hope all goes well. I'll keep you updated on the status.

Delivery date is the end of August, not July.

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hello All,
We will not be at this rally so it doesn't affect us, but the last time we tried to stay at this park, they refused our dog. We have a German Shepherd .... The most friendly and gentle girl you can imagine. Anyway, the park had a list of breeds they wouldn't allow due to insurance restrictions.

It would be nice if they have changed their policy, but it might be worth confirming, especially if you own one of "those" breeds that are sometimes restricted.

Hopefuuly my info is outdated. It would be nice to be able to stay at Sparks since it is so close to everything. If anyone can't stay at Sparks but wants to attend rally events, the KOA at Bordertown looked pretty nice when we drove through last August.

Take Care and think of us while you rally and I'm back at school with all of my jr high kids.

Kristy

TahoeCamper

I will be on the phone today to see what their policy is currently. Will post later.
George

NorthCal Bob

Hi George and Laura,

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances Bo and I will not be able to attend your Sparks Rally this year. I called and cancelled our reservations today. We are still hoping to make the Jackson Rally so looking forward to seeing everyone there. Good luck with your first rally I sure it will be outstanding.

Bob and Bo

TahoeCamper

Hello Everyone, Please find the list of attendees for the Northern Nevada Heartland Owners Club in Sparks, Nevada, September 11-13, 2015:
2015 SPARKS, NEVADA RALLY ATTENDEES
NAME
HOC #
USERNAME
DATES
John & Lori Dawson
jdawson
9/10-9/15
Paul & Brenda Curtis
MIBIGHORN
9/9-9/14
Tony & Linda Wilson
WeRWilsons
9/10-9/14
Larry & Liz Kinney
larkinstuart
9/11-9/14
John & Deb Kramer
jdfishing
9/8-9/15
Jack & Bev Reed
xraisingrower
9/11-9/14
Rick & Karron White
KARRON
9/10-9/15
Corey Haskin
Thenomads
9/10-9/14
Scott & Roxan Davis
SDO8ER
9/10-9/13
Chuck & Donna Hale
LTZ
9/10-9/14
George & Laura Smith
Tahoecamper
9/10-9/14
Jim & Connie Brower
Jim & Connie
9/10-9/14
Dick & Diana Garcia
djgarcia
9/11-9/16
Paul & Candy Hardt
paulh
9/10-9/15
Doug Anderson
Grampafish
9/10-9/15
Dave & Yvonne Dirkson
Dirkson-2
9/9-9/14
Happy Daze RV
New Coach Display
9/10-9/12
Happy Daze RV
New Coach Display
9/10-9/12

Please check to make sure we have everything correct. Laura and I are soooooo looking forward to hosting everyone at our first Rally. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
Safe travels to all,
George

Last edited:

TahoeCamper

Sparks Rally Attendees: I have a quantity of discount coupons for the Cabela's store in Reno. It is located on the west end of Reno on I-80. If you were planning on stopping as you head to the rally, you might want to wait on making your purchase until you get the coupons. I believe you save $20 if you spend $150. I have more than enough to go around and I'll be at the RV Park on Thursday 9/10/15 to hand them out to everybody along with the goody bags + cereal. Got to stay regular:rolleyes:.

The Legends Outlet Mall also has VIP goody bags for each rig. There is a coupon in the bag that you will redeem at the Mall Office to get discount coupons for various stores at the mall.

If you get a moment you can check out the hot air balloons that will be here next weekend at www.renoballoon.com.

See you all next week,
George & Laura

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I was hoping to come to this rally as my brother lives in Lake Tahoe and we've been wanting to visit him, but he recently sold his house in the Lake Tahoe mountains . . . so our visit was cancelled!

Maybe next year!

Hope you all have a great time!

Grampafish

We hit the road next Wednesday, stopping at Collier Memorial S.P. near Chiloquin,OR and then to Sparks on Thursday. Should be an awesome start to a six week road trip. Can hardly wait! Planning to see the balloons before dawn on Friday if the alarm clock can wake us after two straight towing days.

George and Laura
It was great to meet you. Thanks for a wonderful rally. We had a great time and are looking forward to the next one already. You handled everything like an old pro instead of a first time leader.
Thanks again for everything,
Jack & Bev

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
George and Laura,

We had a wonderful time attending your first rally. Thank you for all your hard work in putting this together. We enjoyed the potluck, visiting with everybody, and all the laughs we had. We look forward to attending next year's rally cuz it's going to be lots of fun.

Chuck and Donna

paulh

George and Laura,
We would like to thank you again for all your hard work in putting together your rally. We really enjoy this park and admire the pride management takes in keeping the entire facility so clean and organized. We would also like to thank Happy Daze RV for their sponsorship and TJ for his hard work and enthusiasm. It was just a lot of fun to see everybody again and get to know good friends even better.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Kelly and I wish we could have been there. It sounds like you guys had a blast! Thanks again George and Laura for putting on such a great Rally (as always). We look forward to attending on of your rallies in the future. This darn pesky work thing keeps getting in the way of things keeping us from being able to travel so far very often.

Rod

Grampafish

George and Laura,

What an enjoyable rally!!! You did a terrific job getting things organized, arranging for Happy Daze to be here and rounding up all the goodies..thank you! We are so glad we got up at 3:00 AM to go see the Great Reno Balloon Race....what an experience!!! :eek:

As Paul said above, we truly enjoyed meeting new folks and getting to know friends from previous rallies even better!

This was a great location...very nice and well-maintained park, and close to good restaurants and sights to see. The office staff was very friendly and responsive to
numerous requests to extend stays due to the cancellation of the Jackson Rally. (So sad that was cancelled!)

Thanks to TJ and Happy Daze for their sponsorship and participation!

We look forward to seeing you and Laura again at future rallies! If possible, we hope you can come up to Washington next July for the rally in Anacortes!

Take care and safe travels,

jdfishing

Thank you George and Laura for a great rally. We really enjoyed ourselves and appreciated all of your effort in making sure all went smoothly. Planning the rally during the Balloon Festival was great timing. It was well worth the effort of getting up at 0300 to see the spectacular event. We look forward to attending your future rally's and seeing you guys at other events. Let the big dog RAM's rule the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.