What did you do to your camper today?

Chippendale

Haha, George, the problem is my time! This took much longer than it should. The tile is on 10x10 sheets, with a specific overlapping pattern. Each sheet is identical. Well, I didn’t want the pattern to repeat so often, so I cut the sheets and shifted it, so it repeats less noticeably. This created a much more difficult install, as every sheet had to be cut and carefully placed, rather than apply them one right after another as is.

If you don’t mind the repeat, applying these sheets is pretty easy. The key is that the first one absolutely must be straight!

STIQUICK TILES Peel and Stick Backsplash - for Kitchen Decorative Tiles (10 Sheets) (10" X 10" 10 Sheets, Polito Bella) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XM16NZR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nZyfFb5PWFEW2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erika, you know I was kidding about wanting you to do it, but had you said, "Yeah, bring it on up" we would have gotten to visit some in person. LOL It really looks nice, so I may think about it. Thanks for sending me the link.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
When we bought our Big Country in 2016, I thought it needed a backsplash in the bathroom. 5 years later, I finally got around to doing it! These are self-stick gel tiles, about 12x12 sheets. Purchased from Amazon.

078a1f0a3db12ecd42ae0efea7803d0d.jpg

Before

e9965a2812b8b223bf550c86c4bd97d8.jpg

After

60832b33dbfc38b685183a80a00b2d76.jpg

Erica, we did the same a few years back on both kitchen and main bath. It might even be the same design.
612e103e73e0d19aadbb4ef4a8bdf70d.jpg

Dmetcalf

0E443854-88C1-4823-97C1-CBC6859C196C.jpgReplaced the master bathroom sink faucet. The ones that come stock are about as cheap as you can get. Went to Lowes and picked up a nice (4 in. on center) Pfister faucet (on sale) and replaced. I’ll admit that it was a very tight fit to get to the water lines but my stubbornness won out in the end ..👍

- - - Updated - - -

Erica, we did the same a few years back on both kitchen and main bath. It might even be the same design.
612e103e73e0d19aadbb4ef4a8bdf70d.jpg

Very nicely done ..! Good job.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Finally got around to adding self-stick vinyl tile to the kitchen and buffet area. We’ve wanted to do this since we bought the coach. (Note white paper/blue tape to cover window until mini-blind can be reattached.)

67f00d44d869f60282b68748085bf127.jpg

5f9b2d5c2e5ddc8bc69aaca08205ab96.jpg

Before pic. The metal artwork was removed on day one, I didn’t care for it. The wall has always seemed quite “blank” since.
77665658972bf9a4025de19f6a85b493.jpg

The kitchen backsplash area had a patterned wallpaper that I didn’t care for.
f1a058a5d15238b490ee58c550053924.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, as we all know, sometimes you change your mind. ;) After recently installing the vinyl wall tile in the kitchen, I decided NOT to reinstall the original miniblind, and instead was inspired by someone else’s post on the forum, or possibly Facebook, I can’t remember. Instead, I added a window film (cling) that looks like stained glass, to the window behind the stove.

The photos don’t do it justice, it looks more intense blue/green in the photos than in person. The tint on the window does make it appear darker than it would on a clear glass. We like that it brings in more natural light to the space, while keeping privacy. It also makes the kitchen feel more open. Before, we rarely opened the mini blinds, because there’s never really anything to see out that window without bending down to look out.

We left the screen on as well, so we can still open the (tilt) window for ventilation.

21b1bc8b599c0c99fb025214636675be.jpg

8e3835c0f4c70210ce67f14da7c84642.jpg

3ab6502142e168780e04482c14361395.png

KyleC

Trying to create more space in the tiny bathroom to change clothes. Going to pull out the cabinet and rebuild something smaller
512aa8408f9b49b21c0affab6cb04241.jpg
342b613d0328b4315f64e696444355d9.jpg
a896eff4cff96e4cd89290c78724f315.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Went and checked my mouse proofing. All sealed up under the sink. The little guys are gone. Ready to go camping tomorrow.

carl.swoyer

Inlstalled a Smart Plug and updated the RV Door Lock circuit.
Enough for today. It's getting HOT in the sun.
When you updated your RV lock circuit did you also update the audible circuit board as well.
My last circuit board had new programing that rendered the original board useless. No audible tone when lock and unlock was selected. So I had to purchase it as well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dumboldles

Looks like we’re all done for the season, so we winterized the unit yesterday. All seemed to go smooth.

Dumboldles

CoveredWagon

When you updated your RV lock circuit did you also update the audible circuit board as well.
My last circuit board had new programing that rendered the original board useless. No audible tone when lock and unlock was selected. So I had to purchase it as well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Seems they sold me everything but the screws that hold the door on. Gal told,me I would need a new audio board as well as. New keypad, not the outside film, so I bought everything. It all works as advertised. Total was about $60.

cowolter

Wife and I loaded the groceries, our clothes and the 2 new folding E-bikes into the 5'er today. Heading out tomorrow for 30 days in Port Aransas. Stopping along the way in Waco to see the Silos and get a cupcake at Magnolia and stopping in Austin for 2 nights on the way back, hoping to see some bats fly.

https://printsbery.com/planner-templates/goal/life

Last edited:

Flick

Wife and I loaded the groceries, our clothes and the 2 new folding E-bikes into the 5'er today. Heading out tomorrow for 30 days in Port Aransas. Stopping along the way in Waco to see the Silos and get a cupcake at Magnolia and stopping in Austin for 2 nights on the way back, hoping to see some bats fly.

When you get to Port Aransas, enjoy your ferry ride.

Chippendale

When you get to Port Aransas, enjoy your ferry ride.

I was in Aransas Pass for 3 months this past winter and personally, I would not take my Landmark which is about the same size as a Cyclone on one of those Ferrys. I have a friend who tried to take his Landmark across and the tide was out and they wouldn't let him and he had to go around the other way on S. Padre Island Dr. over the causeway to Port Aransas. My advice to save you some time and trouble is to just plan on crossing over on the causeway.