2009 Sundance 2900mk

cdnrver

Just picked up our new 2009 Sundance 2900mk.

A couple years ago we had a 2004 Jayco Designer Legacy 3610RLS - we were full-timers back then - we traded that unit in on a Park Model for an rv site that we purchased in BC Canada - so now we are half-timers with the Park Model as our home base in the summer months. The plan now is to head down south next winter with our new Sundance.

Did our PDI about 3 weeks ago at the dealer - took about 3 hrs going over everything - found about a half dozen minor trim issues - a leaky sink faucet - and a noisy ceiling fan. The faucet and fan were replaced and the trim issues corrected. Overall, this unit had far less PDI issues than our Jayco had. So far, I'm impressed.

I've had a chance to scan some of the articles on this site.

I've upgraded to the 6000 lbs axles and 16" tires - have Missions on the unit and wondering if those tires are still a problem?

Also read a lot of problems with leaking showers in the past - has that issue been resolved in the 2009s?

We plan our taking the unit out in the summer for a test camp before heading down south for the winter.

Since this is my first Heartland product and I have little experience with this manufacturer, is there anything in particular that I should keep and eye out for? (ie. recurring problems with Heartland products?)

Any insight and pointers would be appreciated

jonesj2

Shower leak is still a problem. We took out our 2009 2900MK out a few weeks back and had major water in the belly. Had to reseal the frame and tub in the corner next to the sink. I put a bead of silicone all the way around the bottom edge by the sink. That seem to fix the problem. I spoke to a friend Saturday that has a Big Horn and they also had the same leak.

fishn2dmax

Besides the standard heartland shower seal issues ( solved with $1.00 worth of sealent), the only other recurring issue I've experienced is the wiring. I lost 110 AC power in some of my outlets in the rear of the coach. I found the problem in the connection boxes ( poor wire nut crimps). Almost all other outlets began to be intermittent until I recrimped and installed new wire nuts in four connection box locations. Someone at the factory forgot to crimp and in some cases strip the wire ends before adding the wire nut. The other one to look out for is the closet pole. The left side mount will pull out if you add even moderate amount of clothes. To fix, I added some additional blocking behind the thin luan plywood and added additional pole holder support bracket. The toliet is another common complaint. It will leak down the water in the bowl and in some cases a smell is reported coming up from the black tank. My 2900 MK is in winter storage, but the toliet leak down issue is on my warranty "to be fixed list" in the spring.

Overall the issues with our 2900 MK have been minor compared to some other trailers I've owned. I would get rid of your China bomb tires as soon as you can afford to do so. If you keep the missions, it will be just a matter of when, not if you will have a tire failure.

cdnrver

thanks

thanks for the replies - I appreciate it.

As for the tires - I have 16" E's - I understand that most issues are with the 15" tires. Am I correct to assume that my tires are ok??

fishn2dmax

Actually its the 16" china made tires that have a very high number of reported failures:confused:. 15" or 16", you need to make sure your tires pressures are correct and a pre and post trip inspection of the tires is done!