AZ Members Chat Room

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey Garry . . . do you still have your BlowMaxes on your trailer?

We still have our BlowMaxes, and I plan on replacing them this winter, but not sure if I'll have them replaced before the January Rally at Quartzsite.

Which means I'll be putting around 2,200 miles on them on our trip down to the rally.

I have about 4,000 miles on them now (including transport from the factory in Elkhart, Indiana), and so far they still look like brand new and have not had any issues with them, other than discovering that one of the five wheels was warped when I had all of the tires balanced last spring before we started our 2014 camping season.

(Footnote - the tires and rims are not balanced from the Heartland factory . . . I suggest you all get your trailer tires balanced as that is most likely the cause for many of the tire blowouts we read about here in the chats)

I guess we'll find out how they hold up on the pull-behind TT's vs the 5th-wheel trailers, which are the ones who seem to have the worst luck with the BlowMax tires!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John:

No, after one round trip from the ranch to Wyo, my tires were worn out on the inside edge, but like new on the outside. After many meausrements on the axles etc, we had a confrenence call between Dexter and Heartland. I mentioned the brochure stated radial tires, however Bias tires were placed on the trailer. Dexter stated that was the problem as their axles are designed for Radial tires only, bias has a different camper. So Heartland replaced all 5 tires of my choice. I put on Carlisle as recommended by Discount Tire. I have them rotated and balanced about every 5,000 miles. Not a problem since.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm looking at replacing my BlowMax tires with Firestone TransForce HT's, which is what my new truck has on it!

They seem to be awesome tires so far!

But my BlowMaxes are wearing perfect . . . and no issues after 4000 miles!

Except that when I had the tires balanced last spring just before the Mountaindale Rally at Colorado Springs, the tire shop discovered that one of my rims was warped.

Too bad I didn't discover this sooner as I probably could have gotten that rim (wheel) replaced under warranty . . .

Doublegranch

John,

I am not an authority on tires, so not sure what to say. Ron left our rally last week with perfect looking tires and between the rally site and Phoenix, lost two Towmax. I think he said they had 5,000 miles but not sure.. After reading all the forum posts, I would never accept anything with those tires installed.

Doublegranch

Who from the Tucson area is attending the cheerleading finals as Mark & Michelle's daughters are participants? I think Mark said they would be on around 2 pm on Sunday Nov 2....
I will be there around noon or so..

Mrsfish

Looks like you, terry and June, Rick and I, and I hope Greg and Denise (and of course Mark and Michelle). Should be fun, rooting on the youngest members of our chapter!

MTPockets

Looks like you, terry and June, Rick and I, and I hope Greg and Denise (and of course Mark and Michelle). Should be fun, rooting on the youngest members of our chapter!
We'll be there - Ann says on Facebook we're meeting at 2:00....

Doublegranch

In follow up from our Inaugural Rally, I need a rough idea of how many Arizona Chapter Members are interested in having a license plate with our Chapter logo and wording. Since our state does not required front license plates, it was suggested we generate a little identity with our tow vehicles. I am sure the pricing will depend on our quantity and just need a rough idea to see if this is worth pursuing.

Also, I will be reordering our Chapter T shirts for handing out during our Quartzsite Rally. In addition, ball caps will be priced and considered for order as well. I will be sending out a system email and you can respond with your reply order. The email won't go out until we decide on the license plate idea. This is just a heads up, but do need some input on the license plate idea....

Gaffer

You guys are sounding a little exclusive:

ex·clu·sive (
ibreve.gif
k-skl
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
s
ibreve.gif
v)
adj.1. Excluding or tending to exclude: exclusive barriers.
2. Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions.
3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights.
4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function.
5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention.
6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 20-25, exclusive; that is, 21, 22, 23 and 24.
7. Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.

Ron-Cookie

Count us in for the license plate.... Want a black shirt as well but will reply on that later...

BTW... I am now the proud owner of five Sailun S637 LT235/85R16 G rated 14 ply tires (3750#)... As some of you remember I had tire problems on my way home from our First Arizona Rally.... Tredit came to my rescue! I paid a small upgrade price and sent my Towmax tires back to them to investigate what was happening... My 5th wheel is ready to roll again thanks to Tredit!

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Ron:

Happy you were able to get a deal on the tires! Now I don't have to worry about Cookie and Pearl's safety on the way to Quartzsite. See you soon.

Mrsfish

You guys are sounding a little exclusive:

ex·clu·sive(
ibreve.gif
k-skl
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
s
ibreve.gif
v)
adj.1. Excluding or tending to exclude: exclusive barriers.
2. Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions.
3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights.
4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function.
5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention.
6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 20-25, exclusive; that is, 21, 22, 23 and 24.
7. Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.

i sincerely hope not! i believe our objective is to have some fun and get the word out if other people are interested. Believe me, we are of 'the more, the merrier' club! Please accept our open invitation to join us at anytime :)

If you are referring to the 'Arizona Chat Room' - this was by member request as a way to communicate with each other more directly. We did not/could not create an email chain (confidentiality issues) and we tried facebook - this seems to be the best method and it's working great. We all just wanted a means to continue the unique friendships we all established in our first rally.

Doublegranch

Just got the pricing for the license plates with our Chapter logo. Also the re-order pricing by quantities for our T- shirts. I will send out a chapter email for you to consider any re- orders for shirts as well if there is enough interest in the license plates. Thus far the number of responses does not cover the minimum order required for this new collateral support item. So this item may not be an option at the present time.

My thoughts are to have all orders available for the Quartzsite Rally. The Chapter will not inventory these items as that is too large of an expense for us at this time. Email to follow later today or tomorrow.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm looking at replacing my BlowMax tires with Firestone TransForce HT's, which is what my new truck has on it!

They seem to be awesome tires so far!

But my BlowMaxes are wearing perfect . . . and no issues after 4000 miles!

Except that when I had the tires balanced last spring just before the Mountaindale Rally at Colorado Springs, the tire shop discovered that one of my rims was warped.

Too bad I didn't discover this sooner as I probably could have gotten that rim (wheel) replaced under warranty . . .

John,

Heartland's rims are supplied by Tredit, and have a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Tuesday....Nov 11....I wish to express my appreciation to all my brothers who have served and those currently serving our Country through their Military Service! We all have a very special bond with each other and I thank you, each and every one! While some of our brothers have not made it back alive from the battlefield, just know we owe them a major debt of gratitude as well. Enjoy this special day and remember to reflect on our elite group we all belong too.

1st of 7th Cav, infantry, Viet Nam 67-68

Garry

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Garry, a BIG Thank You to you and all who have served and are still serving.

Gregg

Kosanko

Garry,

Count us in for a license plate and two black shirts, and maybe a ball cap if you can find someone to put our chapter logo on it.

gregattaway

Garry,

I still want the black shirt (L) and we'll take one license plate holder too.

Let me know the total price before we drive out to Quartzsite Rally ...

TY !!!