Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: First 24 hrs of ownership, NIGHTMARE! Getting run around between heartland warranty and dealer

1. Print this Post   #61
    Past Heartland Ambassador kakampers's Avatar

Re: First 24 hrs of ownership, NIGHTMARE! Getting run around between heartland warranty and dealer

Not to mention, trying to live in a unit not made for full timing in a ND winter....
    Ken & Kathy - H.O.C. #1077
    '17 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD DRW Long Bed w/Nav, Sunroof, Curt 24Q, WIFI, Sprayed liner, Deep Ruby Metallic!
    '2013 Landmark Key Largo, Fullbody Paint and virtually every option PLUS Mor Ryde IS and Disc Brakes - Our Dream Coach!!

2. Print this Post   #62
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

Re: First 24 hrs of ownership, NIGHTMARE! Getting run around between heartland warranty and dealer

I've been wondering why the tanks were leaking if it had been properly winterized....wouldn't someone have seen pink leaking out long before the blue chemicals the owner used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2016 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 crew cab, long bed, DRW, 4X4
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

3. Print this Post   #63

During my last year of being the proud owner of a Heartland Gateway, being a member of the owners group and forum, i have seen nothing close to what has happened to Nicole here and do feel sorry for her problems, however it sounds like Heartland is trying to get things taken care of.
    When i winterize our unit there is very little antifreeze in the tanks, mainly in the water lines and pump so seeing pink leaking from the tanks wouldn't necessarily happen at least with the way i use antifreeze anyway.
    Also as others have stated, trying to live in the unit in ND winters without any trial use might be considered a little risky......we had to use our Gateway for a family emergency during an extremely cold winter, it was foolish of me to think we would have no trouble, we had some issues but with the help of Dan, he saved my bacon, had our problems handled with his suggestions on what to do for extreme cold temps and now, as others have also stated could.and have used our FW in below freezing temps "at our own risk", i know freeze damage is not covered under any warranty i am aware of, Dan has mentioned, trying to live in the unit while there are still leaks, broken toilet, and flooding, "you are asking for more trouble", that is my opinion as well.
    I realize the cost of living in ND right now is outrageous, but wages are pretty darn good as well, so if it were me, i would.bite the bullet, get the rv into a dealership for repairs and get past the resentment. Once it is repaired, you can move back in knowing everything is correct and working properly, set it up right for extreme weather and be fine from there on out. Some of the companies out there do cover hotel costs, Good Sam comes to mind, as well as my insurance companies policy for roadside assistance/emergency repairs, i am sure there are more than just one, something worth looking into, saying that, i don't think any would pay the cost you are talking about for a motel, but i know from others who are working or have worked in ND recently, there are places a lot cheaper, rooms for rent, room mates needed, ect......
    I have rambled enough, hopefully you will allow Heartland to do their job, it sounds like they are trying.
    Last edited by 1_oldgoat; 12-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.

4. Print this Post   #64

We just picked up our 2015 22RBK a couple weeks ago. We are chomping at the bit to take it out! I'm retired, but wifey, with the holidays, can't get the time off yet.

5. Print this Post   #65
    Movin' on to the next thing... JohnD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silvasp View Post
    We just picked up our 2015 22RBK a couple weeks ago. We are chomping at the bit to take it out! I'm retired, but wifey, with the holidays, can't get the time off yet.
    You can always try it out in your side yard . . .

That is what we did before we took ours out on the road.
    Yuma AZ

Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page
    -------No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

----Where my Heartland's have been:

6. Print this Post   #66

I am sorry for your troubles, but as some others have said you should probably take some responsibility for your 5er's condition. The first problem you had was not having a PDI. I didn't even know you could get a Heartland unit delivered directly too you without it going to the dealer first. Every TT or 5th wheel that I have ever seen or purchased is always winterized when new and even if it wasn't you should have heard the faucets running when you turned the water on. As was also stated you are living in a very harsh environment in a unit not even designed for full timing. If I buy a new car, drive it off the lot and the tire goes flat and I keep driving on the rim till the tire shreds and tears up the fender, can I expect the dealer or manufacturer to repair my car because the TPMS did not work? NO! I think that you will find that Heartland will probably only repair what ever manufacturer issues the trailer originally had and not the damage from your continued use. This would be acceptable by most reasonable individuals. It does suck that your new 5th wheel is damaged and I would be very upset too, but some of this is just ignorance on your part.
    2013 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 DRW, B&W Turnover, B&W Companion, LineX
    2015 Bighorn 3750FL

7. Print this Post   #67

First off, lack of PDI, I was told I'd have to pay extra for PDI, because dealer would have to send someone qualified!! It was delivered fron a dealership. 2nd off, once agreed HL would LET us have mobile tech do repairs, we called had them come out and look at everything. They said theyd finish estimate, send to HL for approval, then order parts. Once parts came in they'd call us back to put on the schedule!! So we've been at the hands of the mobile tech. However the mobile tech hasn't returned any calls, voicemails, nor emails. Safe to say, well have to call HL back and call another tech! 3rd, we don't "fulltime" we have a sticks and bricks at home in Louisiana! We only stay in the RV when working out of state! 4th, this is NOT our 1st RV, it's our 3rd! We're not ignorant!!! I dont appreciate being called that!! The time it takes mobile tech, is out of my control! We did hear the faucets running inside and turned those off. We did NOT hear the outdoor kitchen faucet, nor had we even unlocked and opened it at that point. We got all that dried up. What blows my mind about that is the dealers response "relax, it's all marine grade!" No its not. This has NOTHING to do with any of the leaks and other issues were having!!
    It also blows my mind, the things that are/were STANDARD that were NOT on our unit, especially the tank heat pads!!

8. Print this Post   #68

The wages are pretty darn good, would depend on your job title/position. While I'm sure there is other "cheaper" places for rent and or finding room mates, actually the closest to us is the Minot Hyatt House, weekly rate of $968, PER WEEK!!!! that's a one bedroom. Did I mention we have kids and one being special needs?!?! NOT AN OPTION for roommate, nor is it an option to pay $1,000 per week, when having a mortgage at home and nice little rv note now. Housing is also limited up here with the amount of workers within 5 hour span, miles and miles of work. Thousands trying to find housing in little bitty towns, not enough. It's NOT that were not allowing HL to do their job, we're at the mercy of techs, and the unwillingness to help with housing situation to put it in the shop! We were staying in our old camper that was sold before this one was delivered amd moved the day we got this unit.
    Last edited by danemayer; 12-08-2014 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Edited to comply with Forum Rules

9. Print this Post   #69

We chose to buy from them yes, reasons were obviously price difference. It was delivered to us. But I'm not quite sure what the PDI would've prevented except for the outdoor kitchen overflow?

10. Print this Post   #70

Someone was hired immediately? !?!?! We didnt waste time on that! We're at their mercy as far as timing?! Yes in the mean time were doing what we can with our situation to avoid further damage!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast