Diesel lower than Gas

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It was $3.89 the other day here but every yahoo with a rice burner was parked at the diesel pumps getting saki. After cruising three stations like that, i finally settled for one that had an open diesel pump and $4.09 a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

I saw this in Round Rock today and had to take a picture. 2.99. Is it me or does diesel seem more expensive in the Blue States :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Diesel 2.jpg
    Diesel 2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 69

MagnoliaTom

It was $3.89 the other day here but every yahoo with a rice burner was parked at the diesel pumps getting saki. After cruising three stations like that, i finally settled for one that had an open diesel pump and $4.09 a gallon.

I hate it when that happens! My wife and I both drive diesels and complain about that all the time. Never heard it called "getting saki" but that's HILARIOUS!!!

bsuds

Well come on up to Canada where it's 1.339 a litre. That equates to about $4.50 for a US gallon. We're being screwed!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well come on up to Canada where it's 1.339 a litre. That equates to about $4.50 for a US gallon. We're being screwed!

The couple of times I drove to my friend's cottage near Wheatley, ON, I really appreciated the 56 gallon tank I have. No need to fill up in Canada.

sjs731

$3.029 at the Hess near me.
That $2.799 Marathon price is most likely the no highway tax price. Seems all the near highway Indiana stations advertise like that.

I seem to remember that happening to me in Indiana. I pulled to where the semi's fill up and I needed to enter a DOT number to turn the pump on so I went in and the lady started the pump for me and then the price was with tax. They must have companies with DOT numbers pay taxes later.

Steve

Kbvols

I seem to remember that happening to me in Indiana. I pulled to where the semi's fill up and I needed to enter a DOT number to turn the pump on so I went in and the lady started the pump for me and then the price was with tax. They must have companies with DOT numbers pay taxes later.

Steve

You are correct designated trucks in Indiana are exempt from paying fuel taxes and the stations are allowed to advertise that price as long as displayed in "easily read lettering" . To me it is misleading to some degree. I realize they are primarily targeting commercial trucks with their advertising but if someone is not familiar with Indiana it can be irritating or disappointing if you believe getting fuel at a good price. I believe the tax is around 30 cents per gallon if my memory is right.

VI. ADVERTISED OR CURB PRICE OF GASOLINE AND SPECIAL FUEL
The retail merchant may not advertise a price that is different from the pump price required to be displayed on the metered pump.
If a retail merchant advertises special fuel at a price that does not include any gross retail taxes that may be due on the sale of the special fuel, the retail merchant must display in easily read lettering, above or below the advertised price, the words “EXEMPT TRUCKS ONLY”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
On Wednesday the station I had been hitting for fuel was $2.979.
Yesterday (T-day) it was $3.099, I'm guessing for the holiday.

I'll wait to till Saturday or Sunday to see what they do

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Paid $3.09 for it in Louisiana a couple of days ago. It must have been a mistake cause all of the others around were $3.39. But I took advantage of it. Right now it is $3.23 to $3.29 around Huntsville, TX.

szewczyk_john

Pittsburgh, PA is $3.69 for diesel and 2.95 for gas. We have a fuel perks program thru one of our grocery stores so I just filled up last night for a whole .69 cents a gallon. They limit the discount to 30 gallons. It is amazing how the state taxes make such a huge difference across state lines. Ohio diesel used to be as much as 70 cents cheaper but now Ohio diesel is 5 to 10 cents more expensive.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Paid $3.09 for it in Louisiana a couple of days ago. It must have been a mistake cause all of the others around were $3.39. But I took advantage of it. Right now it is $3.23 to $3.29 around Huntsville, TX.

Nope no mistake. Off the interstate you can get it cheap. Sams in LC yesterday was $3.12 up cause of the holiday.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Saw diesel for $3.09 just east of Memphis, TN. Too bad I was in the mini-van .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I paid $2.48 for regular gas yesterday on the corner by our house.

First time I've ever filled up the truck for under $75 bucks!

mobilcastle

I think OPEC has decided we are finding to much energy (fracking) in the US and it makes them a little nervous. Cut the price and choke off the energy exploration IMHO.