Diesel lower than Gas

Kbvols

I think OPEC has decided we are finding to much energy (fracking) in the US and it makes them a little nervous. Cut the price and choke off the energy exploration IMHO.

I believe you are 100% correct as I heard they (OPEC) were keeping their production levels up potentially lowering crude prices making fracking less profitable. Hopefully the lower price will help boost the economy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I believe you are 100% correct as I heard they (OPEC) were keeping their production levels up potentially lowering crude prices making fracking less profitable. Hopefully the lower price will help boost the economy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the other thing I heard, is that they (OPEC) was afraid if they cut production to push their prices up, they would price themselves out of the market yielding to all the other producers not cutting back production. In the long run, they would stand to lose a good part of their market share because of their higher price structure.

dave10a

It is a shame our government has done nothing to lower energy prices, while it take private land owners to drill for oil with out any government help. But some in our government are quick to take credit for something they have had nothing to contribute. I remember when President Bush signed an executive order to increase drilling in Alaska and off-shore while speculators dropped the cost of gas to $1.60/gal thinking energy prices were going to drop significantly because the government was doing something.

dave10a

I think this is going to be Oil Christmas. The result could be one of the biggest transfers of wealth in history, potentially reshaping everything from talks over Iran’s nuclear program to the Federal Reserve’s policies to further rejuvenate the U.S. economy.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It's all about the in-state taxes. PA adds $.521/gal. One of the highest in the country! Claim its used to maintain roadways and bridges. That's another discussion thread!!!!

porthole

Retired
It's all about the in-state taxes. PA adds $.521/gal. One of the highest in the country! Claim its used to maintain roadways and bridges. That's another discussion thread!!!!

Yeah - your PA roads and bridges :(
I was just reading an article about the bridge condition in this country and PA was listed as the worst.

From the Washington Post

Pennsylvania, with 5,218 deficient bridges — almost one-quarter of its spans — has the nation’s worst problem
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/us-has-63000-bridges-that-need-significant-repairs-local-governments-turn-to-congress/2014/04/24/17137338-cb24-11e3-a75e-463587891b57_story.html

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
A couple of stations here dropped their diesel price to $3.39 but others still expect people to pay $3.65???

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bought diesel in Williamsburg, VA this past Sunday for $3.13.9 per gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

In Indianola, MS tonight. Just filled up at Walmart for $2.969......used gift card so got $.03 off per gallon. Still under $3.00. Unbelievable!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Regular unleaded gas at the corner station by my house this morning was $2.35 per gallon.

Cjackg

$2.92 for diesel at 5 stations near Chattanooga TN today !

Updated Dec 12.... price is now down to $2.85 here!

Updated Dec 16.... now down to $2.82 at several locations and one station at $2.81 !

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
$2.69 for diesel at an Arco station in Anaheim this morning. Trace