Reputable Dealer Recommendation

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
I realize that finding a reputable and honest dealer is difficult. We have been searching for
our Heartland model and have narrowed it down to a couple, but every dealer that we have
researched seems to have super crappy reviews for customer service and service after the sale.
We live in the Houston area, so we don't want to travel way far from here to get any repair
work done that may eventually come up. We need your help! Who sells the Heartland brand in
our area and is trustworthy for customer service and service after the sale? We have already
looked at Ron Hoover RV, Lone Star RV, and Camping World. Have not heard anything good about
any of them online. We have been looking at reviews of them, etc. Can anyone help??

Mark

danemayer

Ron Hoover has supported South Texas Chapter Rallies for several years that I know of sending one of his techs to do minor repairs at no charge. Miguel (if I remember his name correctly) quickly diagnosed a tricky problem on my refrigerator and found/fixed it within a few minutes.

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
Ron Hoover has supported South Texas Chapter Rallies for several years that I know of sending one of his techs to do minor repairs at no charge. Miguel (if I remember his name correctly) quickly diagnosed a tricky problem on my refrigerator and found/fixed it within a few minutes.

I have to tell ya....the search for one is mind blowing. So many bad experiences documented and not very many good ones. It's just very difficult to pull the trigger on a dealer because it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Dan is exactly right about Ron Hoover. They have done great work for me and I bought my LM from them. Highly recommended!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I realize that finding a reputable and honest dealer is difficult. We have been searching for
our Heartland model and have narrowed it down to a couple, but every dealer that we have
researched seems to have super crappy reviews for customer service and service after the sale.
We live in the Houston area, so we don't want to travel way far from here to get any repair
work done that may eventually come up. We need your help! Who sells the Heartland brand in
our area and is trustworthy for customer service and service after the sale? We have already
looked at Ron Hoover RV, Lone Star RV, and Camping World. Have not heard anything good about
any of them online. We have been looking at reviews of them, etc. Can anyone help??

Mark

I would talk to Joe French at Ron Hoover in Houston. I have had work done by them and they have been great. If you want to stay in your RV while it is getting worked on Ron Hoover has a dealership in LaMarque (exit 10 on I-45) that has Oasis RV Park attached to the dealership. They will come to your RV while you stay in it. BTW we bought our Landmark from Ron Hoover in Houston.

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
I would talk to Joe French at Ron Hoover in Houston. I have had work done by them and they have been great. If you want to stay in your RV while it is getting worked on Ron Hoover has a dealership in LaMarque (exit 10 on I-45) that has Oasis RV Park attached to the dealership. They will come to your RV while you stay in it. BTW we bought our Landmark from Ron Hoover in Houston.

Did just that today. My wife talked to Joe French this morning, and I spoke with him this afternoon. He actually lowered the price of the RV we are looking at, and gave us a better percentage interest rate. I have spoke to him as well as the service manager, and was impressed with both. We are headed over there on Wednesday.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had a great buying experience with Explore USA in Mesquite, TX...got a great deal and trade in, and probably the best PDI we've ever experienced anywhere. We've never had to go back as the PDI was so good we've never had any real issues to speak of...nothing we could not fix in a matter of minutes, and most importantly not ONE water leak anywhere.

pegmikef

Another vote for Ron Hoover. I haven't actually bought anything from them because I live in west Texas, but I have been to several of the rallys they have supported (and won a couple of very nice door prizes from them). I have met Joe French and talked to several very satisfied customers two or three of which have already recommended them in this thread.

brianlajoie

If you want to know what the market nationally is for the model you are looking at, look it up on rvtrader or rvt. This may help in your decision / negotiation process.