Towtectors

'Lil Guy'

Last time out I noticed chunks of mud and dirt on the front of our RV under the overhang. Do these hitch mounted brushes work? I'm concerned about rock damage is this location. Mud flaps look terrible o a 2500 SRW truck. The aluminum version looks like it would be easy on and easy off. Anyone using them who could share some light on the subject. Thanks in advance

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have no experience with the brush style rock guards but I have used the Rock Solid brand.
I think it was minimally effective.
If I ever needed another it would be the Rock Tamer brand.

Peace
Dave

Gizzy

Been using the Rock Tamer for almost 5 years and it works great with our SRW. Can't imagine being without it.

sjs731

I use Magnum Mudflaps. I live in WI and they are made in WI. I have been happy so far.

Steve

'Lil Guy'

Thanks for the input here. I want to do something to protect the front of the rig. Just want them to be removable as in easy on and off..

ILH

I use Magnum Mudflaps. I live in WI and they are made in WI. I have been happy so far.

Steve

Hi Steve,

If you're like me, my GMC has the exhaust pointed out the back. I can't put a anything behind the hot exhaust or it will melt. I think the Ford and Dodge vent to the side.

sjs731

I have a GMC also. The exhaust is angle out the back passenger side. The top of the Magnum Mudflaps is a formed piece of diamond plate. The rubber is bolted to the bottom of the diamond plate. No danger of melting. My dad has a Ram and Rock Tamers that are all out of shape from the heat.

Steve