Hitch Weight Bighorn 3760 EL

Sweenja1

We just purchased (dealer submitted the order yesterday) a Bighorn 3760 EL. There is no hitch weight listed for this model. Could you tell me what the hitch weight is anticipated to be?

Jim.Allison

15,500 lbs GVWR X 20%

I have BC3650RL, so take this with grain of salt.

The range for percentage on the pin on a typical is 15 to 25%. None of these big rigs are going to come in anywhere near 15% on the pin. 25% is the upper end. My rig is 23% but I have a generator, 2 industrial batteries and an inverter that contribute about 400 lbs to the pin.

1% is about 155 lbs of pin. So a good rule of thumb is going to be 20%-25% for these big rigs. for the actual weight on pin, use the GVWR of 15500 lbs.

Bohemian

and remember, pin weight is only one component of your trucks payload. Also, add to the payload you hitch weoight, your passengers, your dogs, any options and mods that you add, and everything else you add to the truck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The empty weight of your coach will vary on the options added to the base coach. You will probably not know what it is until you take delivery. It will be on a yellow sticker on the entry door frame as the coach is weighed when it leaves the plant. As far as pin weight being 20% of 15500# (3K) will be close. You will never know what it is until you are loaded for travel. You need to take your TV and weigh it, full of fuel, hitch installed and any other stuff that would be in the bed. BTW, be very careful what you estimate your DW's weight at as you might have to live in the coach by yourself. I would say that you need a 350-3500 truck for this coach and a DRW would be the best.

Jim.Allison

I have made a chart with the OEM weights from the tech sheets, and beside that data I have the actual data recorded. There is no doubt about how much my truck axles weigh in the towing configuration. Then beside that data I have the in-tow data which includes my fiver typically loaded with fresh water and empty black and grey.

I carry NOTHING in my TV when I am towing. Not even a bottle of window cleaner. The weight value of anything in the truck is greater than if that item is in the fiver basement or even further back toward the tandems on the trailer.

I have my trailer marked off every 22 inches which represent 10% increments, in this manner, I can tell you the contribution that an item will make to pin load by where it is placed in the fiver.

When items are installed or removed from an airplane, that mod is recorded and the center of gravity is recalculated, over time these figures get way out and the plane has to be re-weighed . The same thing with your truck and fiver.