Shout Out to Jim Beletti

'Lil Guy'

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I understand you are the founding father of the HL Forum and HOC. Debbie and I met you at the rally in Kinder, La. last month. You're a great ambassador for Heartland and an asset to the company. Thanks for making this all possible. This forum and the HOC with it's great bunch of members is a key selling point for Heartland. Thanks again for making this all possible.

BTW, if by chance you didn't have anything to do with the forum or HOC, just disregard this post.

The 'Lil Guy'

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Frank, read post #6 on THIS PAGE. It will give you a brief history.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I understand you are the founding father of the HL Forum and HOC. Debbie and I met you at the rally in Kinder, La. last month. You're a great ambassador for Heartland and an asset to the company. Thanks for making this all possible. This forum and the HOC with it's great bunch of members is a key selling point for Heartland. Thanks again for making this all possible.

BTW, if by chance you didn't have anything to do with the forum or HOC, just disregard this post.

The 'Lil Guy'

Hey 'Lil Guy', thank you for the kind words. I did found both the HOF (2004) and the HOC (2008). I remember you and Debbie fondly (and all that breakfast meat you cooked - wow!) and I look forward to seeing you both again. I try to be the face of Heartland for as many people as I can. That role however is a double-edged sword. For some people, we're okay until they have an issue with their coach. And when I am Heartland to them, I can be viewed as "that guy we're mad at because something's broken". Thankfully, not all owners with coach issues treat me this way. But it saddens me when people have coach issues and it saddens me when our personal relationship changes because of it.

That said, it's a role I created and one I accept, so I accept the good and the bad, and my friend, the good far outweighs the bad. I have made literally hundreds of great Heartland friends since I started all of this back in 2004 as a product owner and brand enthusiast, just like you. I love the RV lifestyle, I love most of the people I encounter, I love helping people and I just can't get enough of being on the road.

It was my privilege to finally meet the 'Lil Guy' (and Debbie) - see you down the road my friend.

Last edited:

Garypowell

I almost did not write this but many times I don't think we thank those enough who serve our interests. Jim is simply the best of any I have seen that walk a very difficult path. It is an art to stand between two groups and Jim is a Rembrandt!

'Lil Guy'

Likewise in meeting you you. With the forum being such a great tool, it still takes a backseat to the HOC. Attending the rallys and putting faces to the people you meet here is such a great experience. What a great family and group of friends you've help create. Thanks again and hope to see you down the road when we start traveling next year after retirement.