• Pueblo, Colo June 5-9 2018

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Albuquerque, NM Oct 4-8 2018

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
We live in Santa Fe and do the balloon festival every year. The event brings in 200,000 people into a city that has 600,000 so it is is a zoo. The RV park is nice but being 9 miles from Balloon park is a LONG way when traffic is bumper to bumper. We love going but we also love going home at the end of the day for the crowds can make it rough. It is the one place that I am happy NOT to have an RV. We would prefer option 2 for you can spend time actually meeting and getting to spend some with each other.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
The point of this Rally is for the members to get together and enjoy the Rally activities. It is not about the Balloon Festival, that is just an "Extra" Rally attendees have the option to partake should they want. The Rally site will have the events building for us 24/7 and our activities will be held in that building. You do not have to leave the Resort or fight traffic unless that is your pleasure. ALso remember the Resort has a buss that will drive you to and from the Balloon Festival if that is an event you want to experience.
The destination selected will not have any impact on the Rally activities, but the destination will offer other options for you to select from.

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
Ballon Festival. This a World Class Event. If you have never seen it, It's breathtaking. We were lucky enough to attend it five years ago and would love to do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not that our vote matters as this is too far out for us to plan for but we would be interested if it was in summer months due to DW being a teacher so in this case CO would be our choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I only said that as we may or may not be able to make it but if we were we could only do trips like this in the summer for now.

X2 here, June can be done, October no way. (Marching band competitions every weekend in Oct.)

MTPockets

Ok, my vote is going to be for Pueblo... I like the idea of the more relaxed atmosphere and probably the only group present. There are pluses as well for Albequerque at a different level, but personally lean towards CO. We might be able to more easily add vendors to the schedule to be present during the entire event. Product booths, rig weighing, repair service if allowed on site. Seminars.

Mrsfish

Ok, my vote is going to be for Pueblo... I like the idea of the more relaxed atmosphere and probably the only group present. There are pluses as well for Albequerque at a different level, but personally lean towards CO. We might be able to more easily add vendors to the schedule to be present during the entire event. Product booths, rig weighing, repair service if allowed on site. Seminars.

While I said that I wanted ALB for the balloon festival, I have to admit that I would be fine with pueblo the more I think about it. Could go fishing on the Arkansas!!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I just added a poll for the site selection. So far I have taken a hand poll from this thread and emails to me.
The Pueblo numbers are 12 yes, Albuquerque are 8.
Even if you sent me your vote, feel free to add to the poll so everyone may see the numbers.

Mrsfish

My husband is an early bird, but I think Garry's a vampire! He never sleeps. Looking forward to seeing you in Camp Verde? safe Travels