Yearly Inspection

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Going tomorrow to give my yearly kickback to the great state of PA. Inspection due on both the trailer and the truck. I was talking with some HOC members at the MD rally and was amazed at the different inspection requirements from state to state. Registration and inspection every year for us in PA. Needless to say, the wallet will be lighter tomorrow.

chaplady

We don't have that in Jersey. No trailer inspect and Diesil trucks registered 10,000 over are self inspection. Love not having to sit in lines at inspection station. Don't miss it one bit.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow. No trailer inspection in Louisiana that I know of but yearly vehicle inspection though. $10 for one year or $20 for two years now. Mostly check brakes horn lights and depending upon year and parish registered in your emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow

Just had ours done last week the 16 $ is worth it to me ,I have no good way of raising my camper and checking my wheel bearings and breaks so to me it's a good thing .i waited and watched them check everything about 20 minutes ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Bones

Going tomorrow to give my yearly kickback to the great state of PA. Inspection due on both the trailer and the truck. I was talking with some HOC members at the MD rally and was amazed at the different inspection requirements from state to state. Registration and inspection every year for us in PA. Needless to say, the wallet will be lighter tomorrow.

I had yearly inspections for many years that I lived in PA and it sucked. I swore that all it does is make money for the state.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
No inspection required in my county of TN for either truck or trailer but some counties of the state requires emissions inspection on vehicles.

scottyb

Got a notice in the mail for my sold Cyclone, that the inspection had to be done before the license plate could be renewed. This is a brand new law in Texas that has a lot of full timers in an uproar. I knew this applied to Motor vehicles, but didn't know it applied to trailers as well.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have an annual inspection in Texas. Just checks lights and brakes. It is a breeze. Yes it does make money for the state but on the other hand how many folks have you watched hook up in the RV park and pull out without checking their lights? We have seen many do that, so I am glad the state does it.

'Lil Guy'

Just had my rig inspected or what ever they call it. A whopping $7.00 was the bill. Received a sheet of paper, no sticker and it is necessary to get the plates renewed.

olcoon

Don't have trailer inspection in MO either. Do have it on cars & trucks, that are older than 5 years. Personally I think it's a farce. Like a lot of things the government comes up with it is a good theory. But if you know the right guy, he'll fill out the form, give you the inspection sticker, and not even look at the vehicle. If you know him good enough, you don't even have to take the vehicle in there! The state does random checking undercover, but usually they know somehow.

jjriker

We used to have a yearly inspection requirement when we lived in NY. One thing we were happy to get rid of when we became fulltimers. Since then we have been residents of first SD and now FL. No inspections in either state. :)

pegmikef

Just had my rig inspected or what ever they call it. A whopping $7.00 was the bill. Received a sheet of paper, no sticker and it is necessary to get the plates renewed.

Not to worry, Texas will get its money. They will get the other half of the inspection cost from you when you renew your plates.