Coleman Mach 8 Heat Pump

tmitch333

I have a 2016 Cyclone 4100 with 3 Dometic AC units that seem like they can't keep up. I'm looking at upgrading to the coleman mach 8 hp and was wondering if anyone has done this already. I'm not too impressed with the dometic brand and would rather go back to colemen.

danemayer

Hi tmitch333,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure if anyone has installed a Coleman Mach 8 hp, they'll jump in before too long to relate their experience.

As an alternative, you might want to look into window awnings to keep direct sun from hitting the glass. There's a lot of heat transfer through the windows.

tmitch333

We keep the blinds closed all the time, it is really noticeable with the unit in the garage. It has a hard time keeping up with the blinds closed and the cargo door closed. I would think that a 15k unit would have no issues in a 8 x 12 room all closed up.

Garypowell

Not that this will solve your problem but I found on the ducts in my unit seemed to be open on the ends. I noticed cold air coming out of holes in the ceiling whenever I removed a fixture. I blocked the end of the duct work in each direction. It did seem to help each A/C unit cool more efficiently.

In addition I blocked between the two units such that one only cooled the bedroom and bath and the other one cooled just the living room. This also helped them both struggle less when they were cross connected.