Need advice/help on Club chapters and rallies in NE

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
My wife and i have thoroughly enjoyed our 2015 bighorn 3685rl this year. We live in new jersey and we do camp with several families none of which own heartland products. Wewould like to attend at least one if not more rallies in 2016. I just joined the northeast club, what else should we do to get involved or hooked up with other groups? Pennsylvania is close and this years lancaster rally would of been great for us but we already had plans. New york is also good for us...since nj doesnt have can we join neighboring state chapters or clubs? Are there any new jerseyians that we can talk to locally? We will be full members this fall, does anyone know when the 2016 dates will be released...help please

Ira & Dawn

Last edited by a moderator:

JanAndBill

Re: Need advice/hekp

To my knowledge there is nothing to limit you from attending other chapter rallies. We have attended several and have had others attend ours. Great way to meet and make new friends. Click on the events tab it will list upcoming rallies.

danemayer

Hi Ira and Dawn,

New Chapter Leaders for New Jersey were just announced 1 week ago. Here's a link to that announcement. I expect you'll see some New Jersey events popping up soon. Check out the EVENTS tab at top of page.

And yes, you're welcome at any Chapter Rally or Meet and Greet.

wdk450

If you want to socialize even more in your RV, you might check into the Escapees or Good Sam groups online. They have chapters all over, with campouts all through the warmer weather months. Our Sacramento/Paradise(that is a town in the area) Escapee chapter also has monthly meals/meetings all year at a buffet place. Actually 2 restaurants, as the 2 towns are about 100 miles apart. They have 3 day campouts every month in the warmer weather months with a full daily schedule of optional games/activities.

Happy RVing!!!

chaplady

My wife and I live in SNJ. We have been members since 2013. We have enjoyed several rallies in PA and as of late in NY. The Northeast group is a great group of people to camp with and have fun with. Watch the forum for ralley dates and instructions on how to contact the camp grounds for reservations for that time. There has been some members retiring from leadership roles Nj being one however the leadership coming in will be awesome.
Anything else you like to know just give a shout Bill

jbeletti

Hi Ira and Dawn,

I know you're not new, but Welcome again :) I'm pleased to see you asking about chapters and rallies. As has been mentioned here already - as a club member, you may go to any and all chapter rallies that fit into your personal schedule. All chapter leaders welcome you.

In terms of where you choose as your home chapter, that's up to you. In the end, all it means is that when you hear from a chapter leader about an upcoming event in their state/province, it will be for their chapter.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Come over to Rockwood PA in September for our rally. 9/11/15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ira and Dawn,
Welcome to the club!! Can't ask for a better way to enjoy your new Bighorn, than with a great group of campers who love their Heartlands too. It's easy to do....find a rally you want to go to and....go. Just one WARNING. Rallies can be addictive.

You can see all the rally listings on the Portals page located in the right side.
xku79k.jpg

There are already some rallies listed for the NE for 2016 and we still have a PA rally left in September. Stay tuned for a 2016 New York rally announcement. We have 2 great Heartlanders heading up NJ and I'm sure it's going to be a great time. Maryland is having there rally on June near DC. That's close to Jersey. The NE Regional is going to be near Lancaster next year. Join us there. Any other questions, let us know.

Enjoy and safe travels!!

porthole

Retired
My wife and i have thoroughly enjoyed our 2015 bighorn 3685rl this year. We live in new jersey and we do camp with several families none of which own heartland products. Wewould like to attend at least one if not more rallies in 2016. I just joined the northeast club, what else should we do to get involved or hooked up with other groups? Pennsylvania is close and this years lancaster rally would of been great for us but we already had plans. New york is also good for us...since nj doesnt have can we join neighboring state chapters or clubs? Are there any new jerseyians that we can talk to locally? We will be full members this fall, does anyone know when the 2016 dates will be released...help please

Ira & Dawn

New Jersey has had rallies in 2010, 11, 12, 13, and 14.

2015 saw a gap in chapter leaders. And with those changes, there most likely will not be a NJ rally for the remainder of 2015. Mostly because the NJ Chapter leaders will be heading to the Boston, Kentucky and Nashville rallies over the next two months, and there is just no more time available for this season.

NJ has had all great rallies so far, but NJ does pose a challenge in arranging affordable and roomy venues.

That said, we are looking to have the next rally in 2016 and are actively looking for the venue.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Head out west and we've got plenty of HOC Rallies coming up!

The Colorado HOC Rally is only a month away in Central City (about 20 minutes west of Denver) . . . we'll be there!

And a couple of Arizona HOC Rallies within the next few months . . . we'll be at one of these as well.

And a New Mexico HOC Rally in the planning for next spring . . . as well as a Regional HOC Rally in Colorado sometime in 2016!

Plus, many of us HOC members are known to get together just because.

Plenty going on out here for HOC members!

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired

Thanks for the feedback, maybe we will run into you one day

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that's quite a schedule. How do you manage to plan everything and work?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds great how do I stay in touch with you? We belong to a local club and we would like to book our rallies early in the year do you know when they will announce them? We currently camp at least once a year in Maryland already and Lake George, please stay in touch. I'm just getting used to all this social/tech stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately we will be between trips, lancaster for Labor day and Bar harbor in Maryland end of September

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your feedback I will try to keep in touch as often as I can we look forward to meeting you and camping with you