6 point leveling

The new 2014 3570rs we are picking up this weekend does not have the 6 point leveling system. It has front hydraulic jacks and rear power jacks, is it better with the auto leveling system?

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!
the leveling system is awesome,,,,,i would never buy a camper without it after having it.....

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had ours installed on our 2015 Elkridge. They even replaced the standard front electric landing gear. Great system!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

On the first question... I will never buy another RV without "Level Up" it is the most ingenuous invention in the RV industry. I can now park in my spot unhook, hit the auto level button and start hooking up my power cord, Water hose, Sewer hose, and be done in less then 5 minutes !!!! it is unbelievable how nice it is... and leaving, I raise the trailer up, hook up to the truck, and hit auto retract then enter and up goes all 6 legs. I do 1 walk around and on the road we go.
Next question. yes I have see some of the level up systems installed here at my dealer in CA. I Know it's not cheap. But I would find a way to get it done If I were you.
I had always considered it on my toy-hauler sense it first came out. But I knew we would be upgrading some day soon and figured I would get it on the new rig. Had no idea it would be this nice.
sorry you didn't ask this question on the forum before your perches.:(.

dlw930

One of Lippert's Goshen rally specials has been the Level Up system including free install. If I recall correctly it was just over $4k at this year's rally. I don't know for sure, but this is probably a substantial savings over the retail price of a the same system with dealer installation. I also thought about taking advantage of the rally special but ended up trading for a rig that already had it installed. Great system, as others have said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Our 2011 Elk Ridge only has electric on it, no hydraulics at all. I finally got tired of backing into a site, checking the level, having to pull forward, put boards down & rechecking the level, and sometimes having to pull forward to install more boards. This year at the National Rally, one of the rally specials was the Ground Control System, (like the Level-Up, but electric). I had it installed and LOVE it! Now I pull into the site, use the remote to lift the coach off the truck, pull the truck out, hit the level button, and start hooking up the sewer hose. By the time I'm done the rig is level. Sometimes it's done leveling before I get the hose hooked up! Never have another rig without some type of leveling system!!!

VKTalley

OK second question, has anyone paid to install the 6 point system after they had already bought their coach?

We had the Level Up added on our previous coach (which had the same setup as yours, front hydrolics and rear stabilizers). Like several others have said...I won't have a coach without it.

Rschremp

We have the lippert system and on my front legs the left comes up and down before my right one does. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes the fluid travels to the path with the least resistance first. That goes the same for the right 2 legs and the left 2.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I will never buy another 5th. wheel with the leveling system. I have had nothing but problems. Lippert is useless when it comes to getting information or assistance. It is much easier to just level the 5th. wheel the old fashion way, and much less expensive.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I will never buy another 5th. wheel with the leveling system. I have had nothing but problems. Lippert is useless when it comes to getting information or assistance. It is much easier to just level the 5th. wheel the old fashion way, and much less expensive.
Do you have the hand held remote system ?
What year is your rig ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Sorry you're having problems. Most people love the leveling system and you probably would if yours was fixed correctly. Have you tried a different repair shop?

buddyboy

We're just the opposite - we never want another trailer without it. Lippert, on the one occasion we had to reach out to them, was great and walked us through the solution to our confusion. To each his own.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Floridanative, what problems have you had? There very likely will be someone here that can help you. There are lots of smart people on this forum.

Mrsfish

do yourself a favor and call Lippert one more time. This time ask for Shannon and tell him i (Rick and Ann Haddock) referred you. We met Shannon in Quartzcite when we had our level up system installed and i watched him over and over help other people who had problems that they thought were unfixable - including 1 woman who had been told by her dealer that her out of level rig was something she had to live with as it was set at the factory and not adjustable????. His statement to me when we finished the instal was to ALWAYS call him with issues and not count on the dealer knowing anything. There are lots of major rv shows in Florida every year and Shannon is part of the traveling crew that goes to the shows. Maybe you can work something out. Good luck

Wmnmy

I have the 6point now love it ...on our BH had a elkridge that I put the 4point ground control system on with wireless remote absolutely loved it camping world installed it and they did a excellent job here in Las Vegas never had a problem with it . Was about 3k$ well worth it will not own another Heartland product without it..