Weight of an 08 Bighorn 3670

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Does anyone know the actual weight of the Bighorn 3670, dry weight is listed at almost 12K, with empty holding tanks, 1/4 tank of water, clothes, kitchen supplies, the usual stuff for 2 people.
Thanks
We will probably buy the 3370 but will take a look at the 3670.

Forrest Fetherolf

Does anyone know the actual weight of the Bighorn 3670, dry weight is listed at almost 12K, with empty holding tanks, 1/4 tank of water, clothes, kitchen supplies, the usual stuff for 2 people.
Thanks
We will probably buy the 3370 but will take a look at the 3670.

My 3600RL weighs in @ 15100 lbs when loaded for trip includes 5500LP Onan Gen and 2nd A/C, 1/3 fresh water, other holding tanks empty. Hitch-pin weight 2880 lbs. 3670 and 3600 are similar in size and weight.

Forrest

Last edited:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Forest,
Your pin weight seems a bit heavy. Is that really the weight?

Just curious,
Mark

Delaine and Lindy

I would guess that the on board Generator has a lot to do with the extra pin weight, but thats just a guess on my part. It don't take long to get heavy up front when full timing, we had a very heavy pin weight on the front of our Cambridge we also had a 5500LP Onan generator. GBY.....

jbeletti

I am guessing that my pin weight will be approaching the very high 3,000s, if not the 4,000 # mark when I have my coach weighed at the rally.

I have a gen, sliding tray (loaded) and washer/dryer, bedroom TV, basement TV. We shall see. At least I have the truck for it this time :)

Mark, the new truck pulls the new trailer very well. I am pleased. But, man is that thing long! I continue to cut corners with the tires. Mostly on grass in CGs but with saturated ground, I make a mess. I also just caught a short round plastic fence post with plastic chain link between posts with the stairs as I was exiting the Elkhart CG. Actually, I was going nearly zero as I was stopping at the office to pay. I was watching the stairs (stowed but slightly protruding per normal) in the mirror as they "just touched" the plastic post. I backed up and corrected. :)

Jim

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

I, like Jim, am approaching 4000 pounds pin weight, and I don't have a generator but my basement is loaded.

John

jimtoo

Hmmm... cutting corners,,, hitting fence post,,,making a mess in the grass. We have a Western "Crash", are we going to get a Northern "Crash" also?:D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Last time we weighed, our pin weight was approximately 3,900lbs. We fulltime and have a Yamaha 3000, loaded cargo bay, and a stack w/d up front in a 3600 RL.

Nothing light about these units...but they sure do tow nice!!!

azbound

Our new 3400RL is equipped with the Trail Air Hitch pin When we took delivery I made sure the Air in the hitch was right at the mark, One week later after loading all the STUFF for our trip south I had to add air as I was several inch's below the mark. Point is it doesn't take much to really add on the pin weight.

Rickhansen

We are full-timers in our #3670 also. With a washer dryer combo, and what I'd consider to be fairly heavily loaded, we recently weighed in at 15,200 pounds gross, with about 2700 pounds on the pin. (I tell the DW that we're maxed out, to limit all future purchases.) Tow Vehicle is not a problem for us right now, we don't move often and I've negotiated a relocation package from my employer when we have. I hired a guy with a really big (F-650) truck for $2 / mile, one-way. I actually made $3k on a recent move from NC to FL.

jbeletti

Hmmm... cutting corners,,, hitting fence post,,,making a mess in the grass. We have a Western "Crash", are we going to get a Northern "Crash" also?:D

Hope not Jim - but I am fearful. I think the combination of a longer truck and longer trailer has my calibration off a bit. I am also wondering if the distance from the pin to the first axle is longer than my last unit. I am thinking that it is.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Don't worry, Jim. When I hitch up to the Cyclone - I know it grows! At least 95 feet long...or at least it seems like it!

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
My 3655RD is pretty close to the 3670 and 3600 in specs and my pin weight is 2800. I do not have a w/d, nor a gen, but I do have the gen prep. I also have a TrailAir hitch.

madigand

My 3670 and Ford 1 ton dual axle weighs in as follows

loaded for full time useage

Truck front axle 4980
Truck rear axle 7360

Pin weight 3300
Trailer axles 12820

Total trailer weight 16120

total package weight 25160

As you can see the weight can really add up quickly