Sad Day for 'Lil Guy'

'Lil Guy'

While emptying the LG to trade in next week, a guy came over to buy the Curt OEM hitch for his truck. He was headed to LA. to pick up a used 5th wheel. He kept mentioning how much better built our rig was than the one he looked at. Long story short, he paid us $8K more than the trade in we were to get. Cash sale and he's waiting on the title exchange in a week after we get the clear title back. Felt a little sad seeing him dive off with the rig. Looked like a little of the air was leaking from the LG's tires.lol I'm sure I'll get over this feeling when we get our new BH next week. This unexpected good fortune seems like a good omen for the start of our new relationship with the Bighorn. With a thorough PDI, I'm sure this new rig will be as great as the last 2 units we've had. With this said, we're off to a nice dinner on the 'LG'. He'll be sorely missed.
Long sigh...........

Westwind

I feel your pain, felt the same way when our Sunnybrook TT went out of the driveway, but once we picked up the new Bighorn and once we got it home it filled the empty feeling.
But we still remember the good memories made with the TT.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I really miss my last bottle of JD single barrel too. I go through them about as fast as you go through campers.:)

pegmikef

Hey Frank, even though you upgrade by the foot, you sure seem to have a knack of getting the best out of what could be a bad situation . . . first a new dually that you stumbled across when your other truck broke, next ordering the new BH because of more truck capability and now 8K from the sky instead of having to take the loball tradein. Congrats and I am sure that even though you have an empty feeling with the LG gone, you will most certainly love the new BH. Mike

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have you bought your powerball ticket Frank? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Dave, now that's funny. You're the one that got me into this Heartland thing anyway. Heartland should be giving you a commission on each of my new purchases.
Mike, no doubt we're going to love the new rig. We can 't wait.
Andy, that was probably my only bit of good luck for the next 10 years. We just spent a portion of it at Pappasitos over food and cocktails while celebrating.
I think the 'LG' found a good home.

MagnoliaTom

Dave, now that's funny. You're the one that got me into this Heartland thing anyway. Heartland should be giving you a commission on each of my new purchases.
Mike, no doubt we're going to love the new rig. We can 't wait.
Andy, that was probably my only bit of good luck for the next 10 years. We just spent a portion of it at Pappasitos over food and cocktails while celebrating.
I think the 'LG' found a good home.

Pappasitos...that's some good eating
We usually go once a month to the one by willowbrook. Love the montequilla (butter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I felt the same way when I dropped off our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner for trade in on our new Prowler . . .

I hated to see it go . . . but that was quickly washed away once we spent our first weekend in the new trailer!

Now you'll have the 'Lil Big Guy' (or will it be the 'Big Lil Guy'?)!

happykraut

Felt a little sad seeing him dive off with the rig. Looked like a little of the air was leaking from the LG's tires.lol I'm sure I'll get over this feeling when we get our new BH next week.
I felt just the opposite way when I sold our tent and bought our first fifth wheel. LOL.