Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it were me.
I'd go ahead and use 2 or 3 carriage bolts from the bottom up to give a little more piece of mind.
I'm pretty sure sure SnapPad will replace it if you loose one.
Also​ the tire shouldn't ever go forward on you so I wouldn't worry about that but a little bit of sticky mud or ice could close that gap farely quick.
Sorry but for some reason I can't see the pictures.
How many inches do you have from the tire to the SnapPad ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

If it were me.
I'd go ahead and use 2 or 3 carriage bolts from the bottom up to give a little more piece of mind.
I'm pretty sure sure SnapPad will replace it if you loose one.
Also​ the tire shouldn't ever go forward on you so I wouldn't worry about that but a little bit of sticky mud or ice could close that gap farely quick.
Sorry but for some reason I can't see the pictures.
How many inches do you have from the tire to the SnapPad ?

I agree with Jerrod that the gap between the SnapPad and the tire will close up when traveling in snow and ice. I have had huge chunks of snow and ice accumulate on my jack feet, with and without SnapPads. That all said, I see no issue at all with the buildup as it relates to the tire.

chasdvorak

Thanks guys....just a couple of inches of clearance. I'll try to repost the pictures but they were coming out sideways and I must have done something wrong after previewing. If I move the jack and get an "Out of Stroke" message I can always add blocks. I'd rather have that problem than a tire/jack contact.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 93

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wow that's close.
They never should have mounted the leg that close in the first place.
I guess if it were me I'd just wait and see what happens.
I would just run it and stay out of the mud.

If it were me I'd probably cut the mounting bracket off the frame and move it forward. Not sure if you have room to do that or not. What's in front of it ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bones

I would not move your jack up as that will bring it closer to the diameter point. You are probably best to see how things go and to keep an eye on it. Your pivot point for your tires will be away from the jack and not towards it.

chasdvorak

We hit the road tomorrow morning and I'll keep an eye on it. The steps are to the right of the jack and there is barely enough room for the hydraulic hoses so I don't think I could move it forward. I'll have the Wife keep an eye on it if I have to back into any tight spots.

thanks for the help...it is especially appr coated when you're on the road.

chuck

chasdvorak

So.....2 nights on the road and a tough time backing into a storage spot but the SnapPad did not encounter any clearance problems with the tire. This was the first time moving the coach since I installed the pads and I think they worked out fine. I didn't have to use any blocking and the SnapPads kept the coach stable. We had to use a forklift to move the coach in/out of the Mesa, AZ site because it was pinned in by a light post and grapefruit tree. I didn't notice any clearance issues as the rig moved back and forth several times as we got it out of the space. Good news is we came home with two cases of fresh grapefruit. Thanks for the help guys.

Bones

I would say you are good to go. Every now and then check it out to make sure nothing creeps up on you. Enjoy