Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

porthole

Retired
Just a thought. After 3 days of driving in the rain and gravel campgrounds, the level up pads are completely covered with mud, dirt sediment etc.
would that drain off the pads or clog the drains?

Bones

Another really good idea Bones !!!
They would cost a lot more. I think they would look pretty cool.
But all these need is a drain hole in the side or drill one in the foot pad.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk
Thanks

Bones

You can also off set some cost if you turn in your old pads as cores if wanted. Why doesn't this company come out with some reinforced blocks made out of a similar material that you can use to prop up the camper just like wood blocks.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

With regard to drainage, while I need to pay more attention next time I go out with the RV, I'd don't believe the seal is water tight.

The metal jack pads themselves have a small turn-up or lip to them. So they themselves allow for the holding of water on top of them.

With the RV SnapPads in place, while they add height, I don't believe they are so snug that the water won't drain.

Jerrod - your RV is outdoors at your home - can you go pour water on top of your front jack pad until the water is level with the top of the RV SnapPad and let us know if this water finds it's way out over a reasonable time with the exception of what would normally stay on top of the metal jack pad until it evaporates?
I started the water test.
I poured 1 bottle of water on the front pads on the ground.
And 1 bottle on the second pad up in the air to see if it would drain.
It's almost a1/2" of water sitting on it. I be back to check on them in a few hours
1252f1b4e16699b52c4084abce280a82.jpg
30d11b9f0fcbfb02bb8078fdbde0ab35.jpg
e290e4bcfeae1607ed5117503b8d0ff1.jpg

jbeletti

You can also off set some cost if you turn in your old pads as cores if wanted. Why doesn't this company come out with some reinforced blocks made out of a similar material that you can use to prop up the camper just like wood blocks.

Hoss Pads are what you are describing. I have a set of 6 of them. Though I don't generally need them now with the RV SnapPads, I still carry them for times when I need a bit more height. Like RV SnapPads, Hoss Pads are made from "tire crumb".

Bones

Hoss Pads are what you are describing. I have a set of 6 of them. Though I don't generally need them now with the RV SnapPads, I still carry them for times when I need a bit more height. Like RV SnapPads, Hoss Pads are made from "tire crumb".

Ahh I see. Didn't even realize that. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh I see. Didn't even realize that. Thanks
I like them but they don't help when I need a lot of pad to span un-level ground I had to use three of my spacer blocks that I made up to level my coach.

jbeletti

I like them but they don't help when I need a lot of pad to span un-level ground I had to use three of my spacer blocks that I made up to level my coach.

Right - I still have about 10 of the yellow Lego-style blocks from way back. I carry them in the truck and use them when I need even more height. I use them upside down usually - so I don't pack a lot of mud and rocks into them.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I started the water test.
I poured 1 bottle of water on the front pads on the ground.
And 1 bottle on the second pad up in the air to see if it would drain.
It's almost a1/2" of water sitting on it. I be back to check on them in a few hours
1252f1b4e16699b52c4084abce280a82.jpg
30d11b9f0fcbfb02bb8078fdbde0ab35.jpg
e290e4bcfeae1607ed5117503b8d0ff1.jpg

After 5 hours they did not loose a drop.
4beed286de91385225f1a03950d8fd5a.jpg
1d03ac6284d7fedfee375cb3d0662c60.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

After 5 hours they did not loose a drop.
4beed286de91385225f1a03950d8fd5a.jpg
1d03ac6284d7fedfee375cb3d0662c60.jpg

I drilled a test drain hole in the side of 1 pad in an angle up to the top of the steel pad. It seemed to drain in a few minutes and started drying up.
6b497831d83c7ba0af28c53d4844d9ab.jpg
488a6e4ee2615ba9f052b7ba1d512426.jpg
14f47c08a3e49105149bd4b93c61777c.jpg
9b1fcb2a2b5bba5e6600ff31bfb8216c.jpg

A drill bit does not cut a very good hole in rubber it just brakes it's way though leaving lots of rubber debris still hanging in the hole.

Kbvols

Humm one less job for DW....one more reason for me to give her to upgrade to a rig with level up. I like them!

Probably too cheap to buy em but will use them to get the new rig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianlajoie

When I came home from the Sweetheart rally last February we ran into snow in Albuquerque. The roads were treated with dark red clay and a lot of salt. It caused my spare tire bolt to sieze by the time I got home the next day. I would be concerned about corrosion on the lower leg assembly. Can they be easily removed so that the can be washed? I use cedar 4x4's and the yellow lego blocks to the feet from getting into muck and additional leveling when I need it.

jbeletti

When I came home from the Sweetheart rally last February we ran into snow in Albuquerque. The roads were treated with dark red clay and a lot of salt. It caused my spare tire bolt to sieze by the time I got home the next day. I would be concerned about corrosion on the lower leg assembly. Can they be easily removed so that the can be washed? I use cedar 4x4's and the yellow lego blocks to the feet from getting into muck and additional leveling when I need it.

Brian - with some effort, they can be removed. But they're designed to fit very snugly and to not be removed.

Last edited:

Bones

Brian - with some effort, they can be removed. But they're designed to fit very snugly and to not be removed and installed often.
Hey Jim I thought I saw that you void the warranty if you remove them once installed

RV_SnapPad_Support

Are they enough larger than the jack feet to make that much difference? I spent $20 on my redwood pads that seem to work fine.
Hi Mike
Thought you might be interested in a new section of our website detailing some of the numbers regarding surface area and other stats. Here to answer any questions you may have and are all ears to any additional ideas or constructive comments as well. Have a great day!

RV_SnapPad_Support

As a Heartland Owners Club partner, Club Headquarters is allowing us to post the following news for SnapPad.
We are pleased to announce that SnapPad is now being offered at our first retail location:
See Grins RV
7900 Arroyo Circle
Gilroy, CA 95020
1 408-683-4652
seegrins.com