Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

osims

bsims
I installed my snap pads last week and I really like them, plenty of interest in them in the couple of campgrounds we've been in.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We just received our SnapPads in the mail today and am looking forward to installing them and checking them out!

Rod

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also had gotten word that our new pads are waiting for us at home. I do have a concern about them holding water and accelerating the rust factors on the LevelUp metal feet. Since the pads are made like a bowl or cap around the feet, it looks like draining of moisture from under the feet will be very slow. Maybe the pads are warrantied but replacing the feet might be a different story.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I wonder if the SnapPads Support person can answer or comment on this?

Rod

We also had gotten word that our new pads are waiting for us at home. I do have a concern about them holding water and accelerating the rust factors on the LevelUp metal feet. Since the pads are made like a bowl or cap around the feet, it looks like draining of moisture from under the feet will be very slow. Maybe the pads are warrantied but replacing the feet might be a different story.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya we had 1.5" of rain Sunday night and the 5 of my SnapPads are full of water and the 1 that I drilled the hole in drained out and dried up.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

Bones

Ya we had 1.5" of rain Sunday night and the 5 of my SnapPads are full of water and the 1 that I drilled the hole in drained out and dried up.

So I would say that you should drill the other ones too but will that void your warranty?

Nabo

Jerrod - the question is since you drilled a hole in the one pad, has the warranty been voided???

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm sure they will stand behind it.
There is not much that can go wrong with them so I'm not to worried about voiding my warranty.
I think they need to address this issue asap before they sell any more.
I had mentioned this issue the day I first received them in the mail before they released them to the public.

Nabo

Hopefully they are following and seeing that there is a concern about other product failures because of this product. Thanks Jerrod. Right now we are not going to install them because of the concerns. Sad because of the money spent.

Bones

Hopefully they are following and seeing that there is a concern about other product failures because of this product. Thanks Jerrod. Right now we are not going to install them because of the concerns. Sad because of the money spent.
I don't have them but I don't think you should avoid installing them. I consider that an extreme minor inconvience. it would take a long time to rust through those pads

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It only take 2 seconds to drill the hole I just think if they make them with the holes in them, it would be a cleaner made hole and drain better.

Last edited:

RV_SnapPad_Support

Hi Nathan & Byrd - This is a completely understandable concern. From the initial users we found the standing water tends to evaporate naturally or in the wind while on the road. Also the Level Up metal feet have a protective coat to shield them from the elements. Only when the metal has been exposed through scratching on gravel does that become an issue. That being said this is a new product and we have yet to test it in those conditions for an extended period of time. Jerrod has previously posted pictures of a small hole he drilled to accelerate the draining/drying process. It seemed quite effective so in order to mitigate that concern we recommend to go ahead and drill a small hole in the side. This will NOT void your warranty. Repeat - We will still honor your warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

We are definitely paying attention and very much appreciate your feedback. I ask you to try them out and keep an eye out for the standing water. See what your experience is - or if you'd like to 'nip it in the bud' feel free to follow Jerrod's lead and drill a small hole above the lip. We will still honor your warranty. That's true for all Heartland customers as well.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You'll need to be careful drilling the hole as the drill bit will scratch the coating off the pad when you get to it I would start drilling the hole from outside in to get the right angle then remove the pad to complete the hole all the way though. That way you won't scratch that coating off.. I will be using about a 3/8 bit maybe a bit bigger

Nabo

Thank you for your response RV SnapPad Support. We will take this into consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

Jerrod - thanks for your guidelines about drilling holes.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You bet glad to see you on here supporting your product and responding to our concerns
They really are a awesome product.
I love my SnapPads and they will be eaven better once I drill the drain holes. Thank you guys again

Last edited: