Zenith CD/DVD Player

fhollan

Here is a weird one. Our BH came with a Zenith CD/DVD player, which worked fine the first two seasons. We went out last weekend for the first time this season. In using the player, it started elevating the volume on its own, sometimes to the max. At times it was like a "tug-of-war" in trying to bring it down with the remote, and at the same time the unit trying to increase the volume.

Today at home I watched the display, without a CD or DVD in it, and it showed the volume sporadically increasing on its own. It's almost like a certain frequency of a (push-to-talk) radio might be causing it when activated. Nothing in the manual under troubleshooting. Anyone else had this experience??

And don't anyone tell me the unit is haunted!:eek:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I guess ours is a good one like John's no problems , does what its made for.....at least up till now......Ken

SmokeyBare

Fhollan,

Our Bighorn came with the now unfamous coby sound system... ours was tossed in the Dumpster in Foothill Village RV park in Yuma... So sorry I can't be of any help with the mystery of the gremlins within your Zenith Sound system.

Our challenge came when I was in search of a replacement. Seems Size matters ! Finding a surround system with DVD player wasn't so difficult... just finding one that would fit within the cabinet where the now Dead Colby used to live... became the challenge. The depth of the cabinet was some what on the shallow side. Finally we settled on RCA for a brand... Yeah ! It fit !!!!

Now on another mystery... was our Dish Network Receiver... The volume wasn't the problem... but channel changing was from time to time... out of the clear blue... the dang thing would decide to do a channel search... often settling on a variety of different selected channels. We'd change back to what we were watching... back it would go to the "Other" channel...

Well... FINALLY someone suggested it might be others with Dish Network systems that is causing our confusion... Sure enough... all it took to solve MY Gremlin was to change the Remote Address to a different number.

It seems that I would from time to time move to a Park where there were other RVers who used Dish Network... and had as I do... a UHF Remote. Once I found the instruction book that even shocked me I still had... I was able to read the instructions on how to change the "Remote Address" for the UHF Remote.

Whewwww..... was I ever relieved to finally learn how to control those pesky Gremlins!!

This didn't one speck help you... sorry... but I just had to get it off my chest...

Marv

fhollan

Thanks for the replies! The first time the volume maxed out without realizing it, I placed a CD in the unit, and WOW! I'll just play with it for awhile and see what happens before I decide to toss it.

SmokeyBare! While I was at Camping World yesterday, I noticed they had one Colby left. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to replace the Zenith. I assume you're happy with the RCA?

What would life be like without a "haunted" surround system or one loaded with "gremlins"??:eek:

SmokeyBare

Fhollan,

Yes, the RCA System I have works well for us.

The Model is : RCA - RDT215

We bought it at WalMart... and I'd call it a Low end unit. With my tin ear... it's fine.