SOLVED: BC 3595RE back outlets, fridge outlet dead

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Posting this for a neighbor to show how valuable the HOC forum is.

He has a Big Country 3595RE and his outlets towards the back (one in dining room, two on back wall and one on opposite wall) are all dead. In addition, his fridge outlet isn't working.

Checked the GCFI outlet in bathroom. Reset and turned back on, it's fine. Circuits are all on, flipped them on and off. Fridge runs fine when it's plugged into a hot alternate source (extension cord running to camp's 120 outlet).

I know the two are related, just can't figure out how. Have not pulled the breaker cover to see if any loose wires have arc'd or anything crazy.

Appreciate any help we can give this potential HOC member. Thanks.

danemayer

Re: BC 3595RE back outlets, fridge outlet dead

Hi Bob,

There is often a junction box under one or both slideouts and there have been a few reports where the wires came out of the wire nuts or had some other problem. Before working on them, it's a good idea to disconnect shore power. Loose wires can present a safety issue.

If no problems are found there, circle back to the GFCI outlet. There could be a loose wire on the back.

jbeletti

Left you a voice message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Outlet wiring is insulation displacement. The wires with insulation are pushed through sharp edged fingers. I had a problem with two outlets and I found the problem was in a third outlet that had three sets of romex connected. If the first and second sets are not pushed all the way down, the top one is barely connected. My hot lead popped free. At a later time I found a wire cut into under the slide. Thankfully the exposed wire was the neutral. The cause was contact and stripping by metal flashing behind the bottom slide gasket. This may not be your problem since it involves five outlets. If you are not comfortable working on AC power, get a tech who is. If you don't know AC power, it is money well spent.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

Thanks for all the responses.

He had an electrician come out, and the problem was one of the leads from the 50a service had come loose. Would make sense that one of the legs wasn't firing.

All is good. Thanks again.

jbeletti

Thanks for all the responses.

He had an electrician come out, and the problem was one of the leads from the 50a service had come loose. Would make sense that one of the legs wasn't firing.

All is good. Thanks again.

Bob - was it at the pedestal or in the breaker panel?