Anniversary Big Horn

Well, it finally happened. Our long awaited 2009, 3600 RL BH arrived. On May 20th, we took possession and pulled it home to put it on display during our 50th wedding celebration, May 24th. About a year ago we started thinking about what to get each other for this momentous occasion and it just all came together in a 3600 RL BH. We looked at park models, motor homes, 5th wheels and everything in between. We certainly didn't want to cheap out and not get the upgrades we had always dreamed of in 50 years of Rving. Grandma wanted a washer-dryer, a desk for her computer and lots of cupboard and closet space. Grandpa wanted a fireplace, a docking station, electric awning and lots of basement storage. Of course, there were other things that we both agreed were ncessary upgrades, such as stability, which we took care of with a set of strong arm stabilizers and an upgrade in 5th wheel hitch, which we took care of with the 20K Curt Q5. We also wanted a touch of luxury, which was taken care of with the BH woodworks, flat screen tvs, entertainment system and much, much more. We started working our way through the myriad of makes and models last Feb during a car trip to Az. We, at that point, had never heard of a BH. But as luck would have it, we stayed next door to a BH dealer in Mesa. Then our neighbor in the park, where we were renting, had a 2007 BH and volunteered to give us a tour. When we got back to ND we found a great BH dealer within 50 miles of where we live. We did a lot of comparing of prices and quality. No make or model came close to the 3600 RL BH. We also found the Heartland owners website to be a great service to prospective owners. The negative stuff is a little scary; however we have learned that nothing is perfect and some people handle our imperfect world by being positive and some by being negative. I thank Hearland for soliciting positive criticism. In my opinion it is helping to produce the best 5th wheel on the market today. Our new BH didn't come perfect, the dealer found a couple of minor defects and Grandma's keen eye found a couple. all being taken care of by a proud dealer.
Needless to say, our friends and relatives attending our 50th anniversary party were very impressed with our winter home on wheels. Meanwhile Grandma and Grandpa are looking forward to their 51st year of marriage and our first winter in our new BH in Salome, Az. It doesn't get much better than that.
A special thanks to those of you who do such a great job answering questions and giving advice. You are appreciated. :)

Gene
2003 Duramax 2500 HD 4x4
2009 3600 RL BH

truknutt

Committed Member
WA-HOO and a great, big cyber high-five to Grandma & Grandpa for 50 years !!!! My parents will celebrate their 50th next month so I have witnessed what they have endured these past many years.

Congrats on the new 'Horn also and welcome to the family...

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
A warm congratulations to you on your 50th anniversary and welcome to the Heartland family.

You know, you still have time to make it to the Heartland Owner's Rally in Branson?

Good luck,
Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gene, welcome to the Heartland family and a HUGE congratulations on your 50th anniversary. Thanks for the positive comments regarding the forum. When we first ordered our Bighorn I started looking into the forum and also had seen a good number of problem owners were having. After being a member for almost 2 years I have seen a dramatic decrease in negative comments and an increase in the positive. Heartland has grown leaps and bounds. Enjoy your new 3600RL.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'm sure you will love your 3600RL as much as we do ours! You're right, nothing is perfect...but even with the little imperfections we have to fix now and then...nothing has ever come closer to feeling like a real home to us!!

Congratulations on your 50th...and welcome to the Heartland family!!