Black Tank Flush

I need a little information on a 2016 3875FB with the 1/2 bath.
I am assuming there are two black tanks, one for the main bathroom and one for the 1/2 bath since there are two flush valves.
If so my question is: When I have the water hose hooked up to flush the tanks does it flush out the primary black tank and flow through the secondary black tank? Or are they seperate and the secondary just not have a water flush?

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Does your UDC look like the attached picture? It's from a Landmark 365 with the 1/2 bath, but yours might be similar.

Attachments

• UDC Water annotated 2.jpg
    UDC Water annotated 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 74
Dan,
Its close, but the arrow pointing to the "Black Tank Flush Inlet 2nd Bath" in your picture is actually the fill for the fresh water holding tank in our Bighorn. I see your fresh water fill is above the tank flush inlets.

When we originally got the unit I thought they were both black tank flush inlets as notated in your picture. But then found out the right one was the fresh water fill.

Now I am thinking the Bighorn doesnt have a flush inlet for the 1/2 bath black tank.

danemayer

Dan,
Its close, but the arrow pointing to the "Black Tank Flush Inlet 2nd Bath" in your picture is actually the fill for the fresh water holding tank in our Bighorn. I see your fresh water fill is above the tank flush inlets.

When we originally got the unit I thought they were both black tank flush inlets as notated in your picture. But then found out the right one was the fresh water fill.

Now I am thinking the Bighorn doesnt have a flush inlet for the 1/2 bath black tank.
I think you have an Anderson 4-way valve and you fill the fresh tank by hooking up to the same connection used for city water, but you turn the valve to TANK.

I betting if you put enough water into that right hand fitting, without opening the valve for the 2nd black tank, you'll have an unpleasant surprise.

Even though you have a 2016 Bighorn, a lot is similar to the Landmark 365. If you take a look at pages 20-24 of our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide, I'm guessing it'll all get a lot clearer.

I think you have an Anderson 4-way valve and you fill the fresh tank by hooking up to the same connection used for city water, but you turn the valve to TANK.

I betting if you put enough water into that right hand fitting, without opening the valve for the 2nd black tank, you'll have an unpleasant surprise.

Even though you have a 2016 Bighorn, a lot is similar to the Landmark 365. If you take a look at pages 20-24 of our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide, I'm guessing it'll all get a lot clearer.

You are right it is a Anderson 4-way. We have had the valve turned towards winterize/sanitize and its been working. but looking at the owners manual I need to turn the valve down to use city connected water. I turned the valve to city and it reduced the water pressure considerably versus what it was when it was turned on winterize. would it hurt to operate it on winterize?
I

danemayer

You are right it is a Anderson 4-way. We have had the valve turned towards winterize/sanitize and its been working. but looking at the owners manual I need to turn the valve down to use city connected water. I turned the valve to city and it reduced the water pressure considerably versus what it was when it was turned on winterize. would it hurt to operate it on winterize?
I

Winterize/Sanitize position makes a connection inside the valve, between the city water fitting and the suction side of the water pump.

Is your water pump turned on? That might explain why you're getting better water flow/pressure on that setting.

If the pump isn't running, I suppose it's possible the pressure might be pushing water through the pump and on to the faucets. But it doesn't make sense to me that you'd get better water flow/pressure that way.

Will it cause a problem with the pump? Don't know. But I suppose at some point in the future you'll let us know if it does.

Our water pump started leaking so the service guy told me to remove the pump and install a ball valve, which I did and haven't replaced the pump since we live in our Bighorn and are continually connected to city water.
When I turned the valve to city it sounded like it was filling up a tank?

- - - Updated - - -

Winterize/Sanitize position makes a connection inside the valve, between the city water fitting and the suction side of the water pump.

Is your water pump turned on? That might explain why you're getting better water flow/pressure on that setting.

If the pump isn't running, I suppose it's possible the pressure might be pushing water through the pump and on to the faucets. But it doesn't make sense to me that you'd get better water flow/pressure that way.

Will it cause a problem with the pump? Don't know. But I suppose at some point in the future you'll let us know if it does.
Our water pump started leaking so the service guy told me to remove the pump and install a ball valve, which I did and haven't replaced the pump since we live in our Bighorn and are continually connected to city water.

danemayer

So you used a ball valve to connect the pump's input and output hoses? If that's right, when the valve is open and you're in winterize/sanitize mode, you'd be pushing city water through that valve and on to the faucets. But some could be going to the fresh tank.

When you have the valve open, and set the Anderson valve to City, you'd be pushing water straight through to the fresh tank.

If you close the ball valve, and set the Anderson valve to City, things should work normally.

If you're under warranty, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They'll probably send you a replacement pump that you can install yourself and get back to a normal configuration.

So you used a ball valve to connect the pump's input and output hoses? If that's right, when the valve is open and you're in winterize/sanitize mode, you'd be pushing city water through that valve and on to the faucets. But some could be going to the fresh tank.

When you have the valve open, and set the Anderson valve to City, you'd be pushing water straight through to the fresh tank.

If you close the ball valve, and set the Anderson valve to City, things should work normally.

If you're under warranty, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They'll probably send you a replacement pump that you can install yourself and get back to a normal configuration.
Ok thanks, I will try closing the ball valve and turning it to city and see how it goes.
Dan, thanks for all your input it helped.