A/C maintenance?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ours has been running for 6 years with no maintenance other than changing the filter.

Peace
Dave

donr827

Once a year I would get on the roof and take the shroud off. I would remove any items like leaves, check the blower wheels, and clean out the drain.
Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Don't let any repair shop charge you money to service you A/C units. There is no way to add freon to them....no service ports

bsuds

Besides cleaning the foam filter, what do we need done at a repair shop? It's worked fine for 2.5 years, no problems.

A friend of mine is a refrigeration tech and recently told me to wash the condenser with a hose from the inside. Not much else you can do. I did mine today and it did not appear to be very dirty. 2011 Big Country.

mlpeloquin

So long as your AC is not the whisper quiet, there are two tabs that you push in under the AC unit(s). Pull down while pushing in not up on the tabs. The cover will come off. Be careful cleaning. I used Dawn soap while gently moving my hands over the foam filter. It is not hard to clean, but the foam is delicate. Dry it with a towel. I used dental floss to strap it to the access panel and put it back. The dental floss really helps keep it in position while reinstalling the cover. I would take a picture, but my fifth wheel in in storage at this time.

If it is a whisper quiet system, the return vent side has filters on each return vent as I have read here in the forum. Each vent would have to be opened up to get access to the foam filter. Then clean.

Other than that, there are no serviceable parts. If it breaks, it has to be replaced.