Another landing gearbox fail

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Pete and Sharon
In an earlier post we talked about having problems with the converts going out. I found out that a problem I was having was my converter not being able to charge the battery. After replacing 2 converters I found out that it was not the converter, it was the Interstate Battery. I know.. some people love Interstate Batteries and that is great, however I have had nothing but trouble with them. You might want to take your battery out and take it to an auto parts place and have them check it for a dead cell. That could be a problem.

Peteandsharon

Thanks Bob, I really do believe it is the battery. Not sure which one the dealer put in the rig but regardless I can't believe a normal battery would draw down that much regardless of how much current the landing gears pull. My dealer is a straight shooter and they have been very good to us. They sold us our previous trailer as well as this one and I have known them for years. I believe that if I talk to them about this, they will check it out and will do what is right. If the battery is bad they will make good. Thanks again.

Peteandsharon

Bob,

I failed to mention that this rig is brand new. It just had it's maiden voyage and so the battery would still be covered.