EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WI, Wisconsin Dells - 8/10/2017 to 8/13/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
Hello Everyone!

Everything is right on the mark for this year's rally Aug 10-13 at Country Roads and we are really, REALLY filling up fast so if you plan on attending get your reservations in soon. One change in this year's line up, on Friday we will not be doing rig/coach service this year. Scenic Traveler who is one our sponsors advised me today that due to a shortage in RV technicians, they will not being rig repairs or service. Otherwise everything is a "GO"! This year we are having a Friday "Cornhole Tournament" so pick your partner and we paying back cash prizes to hopefully the top 3 teams. So get you pitchin' arms in shape.
Goshen is right around the corner and I'm hoping to see most of you there this year. Everyone have a great summer and safe travels!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The Hershbergers will be at the Rally. Arriving 8/7/2017 and Departing 8/14/2017.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Terry,

Tried to make it last year, but that nasty four letter word (work) got in the way. But that's not an issue anymore. Just made reservations. We will arrive Aug 3 and depart on Aug 14. We will be on site #40.

CHANGE: We are now arriving on Aug 2 and departing on Aug 20. Moved to site #44.

Last edited:

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
That was close.... just registered for this event. Look forward to seeing everyone...

Mike & Suzanne Markus

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
Rally Update: We are just over a month away from our Wisc. HOC rally and things are coming together nicely. We are on our way to making this the "biggest and best" rally yet. We are pushing the 40 unit mark and many, 30 of you are coming in early. So with that in mind, on Wednesday evening we will be gathering for a little pre-rally fun, food and horse racing. Yes, HORSE RACING! For you HOC members wanting to take the challenge...we are paying back 100% of the wagers to the winners. It is a fun game and it gives us some more time for good fellowship and laughs. Plan on joining us on Wednesday the 9th.........more to follow!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I have made reservations. 9/7 thru 9/14 in Site #49..

Look forward to seeing some ole friends and meeting new ones.

I have been staying with family since October but hitting the road again end of this July..

BC

Do to some just discovered serious health issues Marlene and I have had to cancel the Wisconsin Dells rally.
We were really looking forward to this Rally because neither of us have ever been to Wisconsin, but our health is more important.
We will be back on the Rally Circuit next year.
Have a great Rally y'all.

Hockster

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
Do to some just discovered serious health issues Marlene and I have had to cancel the Wisconsin Dells rally.
We were really looking forward to this Rally because neither of us have ever been to Wisconsin, but our health is more important.
We will be back on the Rally Circuit next year.
Have a great Rally y'all.

Hockster

Sorry to hear about the cancellation but your health is most important and there will be future rallies to come. Take care and hope to see you soon on the road.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Terry I noticed we are not on the attandee list in the first post. We called and made reservations, I did not get a site number. We will be arriving on August 7th and departing on August 14th.

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
Terry I noticed we are not on the attandee list in the first post. We called and made reservations, I did not get a site number. We will be arriving on August 7th and departing on August 14th.
Terry and Carol,
I have you down now and you're on site 43. Glad you could join us this year we have a full rally with the extra night Wednesday for pre-rally which we will be featuring horse racing and Chicago dog night where will be feeding Chicago style hot dogs, make your own, and chips. Looks like we're gonna have some great fun this year and thanks for joining us.

- - - Updated - - -

Wednesday Night August 9th, we really are going to have some fun with horse racing and "Chicago style" quarter pound hotdog feed with chips. You make up your own Chicago dog with your choice of condiments. We have a full rally with many people coming in early so we should have some great fun this year. We will be paying back 100% on your bets for the horse racing. Also new this year is the "Cornhole" tournament. We hope for at least 10 teams to join for a five dollar entry fee. So pick your partners and get ready to have some fun. See you all soon and safe travels!

Last edited:

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
Rally Update: We are just over a month away from our Wisc. HOC rally and things are coming together nicely. We are on our way to making this the "biggest and best" rally yet. We are pushing the 40 unit mark and many, 30 of you are coming in early. So with that in mind, on Wednesday evening we will be gathering for a little pre-rally fun, food and horse racing. Yes, HORSE RACING! For you HOC members wanting to take the challenge...we are paying back 100% of the wagers to the winners. It is a fun game and it gives us some more time for good fellowship and laughs. Plan on joining us on Wednesday the 9th.........more to follow!

Wednesday Night August 9th, we really are going to have some fun with horse racing and "Chicago style" quarter pound hotdog feed with chips. You make up your own Chicago dog with your choice of condiments. We have a full rally with many people coming in early so we should have some great fun this year. We will be paying back 100% on your bets for the horse racing. Also new this year is the "Cornhole" tournament. We hope for at least 10 teams to join for a five dollar entry fee. So pick your partners and get ready to have some fun. See you all soon and safe travels!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Not trying to cause a problem but I was wondering.
When I went to try and find the park Country Roads Motorhome and RV Park on the maps in Wisconsin Dells it would not come up. But I searched for the park name and it came up with Lake Delton, WI and on their reservation form it says Lake Delton shown below.. Am I missing something here... Of course I found the park on the maps now and can find my way there.

Letter head.jpg

BC

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
Not trying to cause a problem but I was wondering.
When I went to try and find the park Country Roads Motorhome and RV Park on the maps in Wisconsin Dells it would not come up. But I searched for the park name and it came up with Lake Delton, WI and on their reservation form it says Lake Delton shown below.. Am I missing something here... Of course I found the park on the maps now and can find my way there.

View attachment 53318

BC
No problem. Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton are side-by-side. Now to complicate that even further the park is in the town of Delton which is just outside of Lake Delton and they have a PO Box is in Lake Delton. But this is all the Wisconsin Dells area. Look for Walmart in Wisconsin Dells and the park is 300 yards to the west of that on Highway 23. It's all about rural mail delivery which also includes Baraboo in this area besides Lake Delton and Wisconsin Dells. Just got off the interstate at exit 89 Lake Delton PD turn left on highway 23 and approximate 3/4 of mile on the right-hand side is the park. See you soon, safe travels!

boatto5er

I am coming in early and am tentatively scheduled to have Disc Brakes installed on Aug 3 by a team from Performance Braking. These are the folks who were at the Heartland National Rally recently. If you are interested in getting them on your rig, please call Ron at 405-626-7009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
Just a reminder to those attending this year's Wisconsin HOC rally that we will continue the tradition with the "Heartland Gives Back" program collecting can and packaged food (non expired) as well as monies for the local food pantry. In the last 4 years we have donated over 700 lbs. of food and $250 to the local pantry. Please lets be generous again this year.
Also for those in attendance, some of you ask how we can put on such a good rally for only the $20 that Heartland pays for each attendee? If you have attended a rally in the past, it's through your generosity in kicking in when we "pass the hat" to help pay for the entertainment and through our 50/25/25 raffles to help provide you with the extra meals. We can't just do it on the $20 from Heartland. Many of you will agree that it's well worth it because of the meals and entertainment we provide.
This year we even have a fund raising effort going to help raise monies for future rallies. We are having printed Heartland garden flags which we will sell at the rally and beyond until they are gone. They will be printed with the Heartland logo and the phrase "Home is where the Heart is"! They will be available during the rally for a reduced rate only.
We are having the largest rally so far with 44 rigs attending. Jackie and I, as well as my rally team are looking forward to seeing you all have a great time filled with good memories. See you soon!

boatto5er

Gus and Debra arrived today. We're on site 44. My surgeon wants me to do a lot of walking to help facilitate my hip replacement surgery recovery, so you'll be seeing Debra and I out walking around evenings and maybe early mornings, with and without the mischievous dachshunds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.