Anyone see the new 4005 floorplan?

Sarge

Meh. Have you checked out the 3116JS / 362RW yet?

Even better direct view TV position and the slide-in-slide gives a huge living room...

Sarge

jam20ster

I really like that floorplan. Our 4200 does lack a bit on kitchen counter space and storage. This seems to have that covered. Outdoor kitchen a plus also.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We saw the 3611JS with the living room slide in slide at the Dallas RV Show... wow did it make a great living/kitchen area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpshemi

Meh. Have you checked out the 3116JS / 362RW yet?

Even better direct view TV position and the slide-in-slide gives a huge living room...

Sarge

Yes I've seen those. Neither of those have windows on the door side that would overlook our lake. Also none of them have any entertainment area where people can sit across from each other and talk. I love the slide in the slide idea but other than that I'm not impressed.

Bwhntr247

Was in the 4005 at Hershey nice lay out but there was a couple things I didn't like. All personal preference of course. There was not much room in front of bed in master bedroom had to lean over and walk sideways to get through and the half bath in back sink is really close to toilet. Did like that they reversed the loft as in it over looks garage now instead of other way around and super nice kitchen. I was still more impressed with the RW 427.

gpshemi

The 427 is a neat flooplan, but has only a few things in common with the 4005, and otherwise misses many of the features. Outdoor kitchen being one of the more obvious things. I prefer to get the ladder for the loft into the garage area also. I want entertainment area in our next one where we can sit across from each other amd talk.

Last edited:

gpshemi

AJ,

One of our biggest hang ups with stepping into a new Cyclone over a Fuzion is the frameless windows. Our 2010 windows are cheaply made, and have an extremely poor quality fit. Enough to warrant an arguement with ones self when trying to close them. Additionally, the plastic seal around the outside has deteriorated over time and mildewed. A frameless window provides a cleaner look, and allows windows to be opened in the rain, although admittedly, we rarely have the windows open. Frameless windows are options on higher end Heartland poducts, I'm not sure why it's never transistioned to the Cyclone brand to draw a distinction like Landmark. What are the chances of getting them in the 4005?

Last edited:

Bwhntr247

Yeah, I wish they would put the frameless windows in also. I did like the layout just a few things I didn't. It's kind of a half outdoor kitchen also no stove just sink and fridge.

gpshemi

Yeah I saw that too. Needs some work really. I would put an extension in there that comes out 90 degrees for cooking on.

Hogladyrider

We had the frameless windows in our Big Horn and yes they can remain open when it rains BUT the airflow is HORRIBLE. We much prefer the framed windows in our Cyclone 3611JS over frameless windows. We prefer function over look.

We fulltime in our Cyclone and so far so good, we have only had it for 6 months. I never thought I'd enjoy the rear patio like we do!

Susan

gpshemi

Different strokes for different folks for sure. In our case, I prefer the window actually fit well and look like they belong on a $1000k+ coach. We rarely open our windows. All these tracks do is collect grit and grime. So I'd prefer something clean with a high end look like a motorhome or even Heartland's own Landmark. I hear people complain about airflow, but the net free air is roughly the same for most smaller windows because they are open on 3 sides. The roof vent provides most air exchange anyway. I mean think about it really, no other high end coach uses these low tolerance aluminum windows that are caulked at the frame's joint. If they're a superior design, why arent they used on Landmarks?

jam20ster

I second the frameless windows. I love my 4200 cyclone, but for what is called the industry leader its kind of sad its not standard. Just my 2 cents.

gpshemi

Cyclone was an industry leader when we bought. They were the Landmark of toyhaulers. The highest quality coach short of a custom. However, they've lost alot of ground in recent years to the "me to" competition and brand dilution within Heartland. We still love our Cyclone, and want to stay with Heartland, but I start questioning my loyalty when I see solid core doors, frameless windows, colored shower stalls, and previously Mor-Ryde patios that were superior build quality. Although the later seems to have changed. If AJ can provide frameless windows, the rest can be addressed.

BLR

We had the frameless windows in our Big Horn and yes they can remain open when it rains BUT the airflow is HORRIBLE. We much prefer the framed windows in our Cyclone 3611JS over frameless windows. We prefer function over look.

We fulltime in our Cyclone and so far so good, we have only had it for 6 months. I never thought I'd enjoy the rear patio like we do!

Susan

I agree.. At 1st I wanted the frame less windows, then when I seen just how much air flow there was we were very glad to have the framed one for great air flow.

I'm glad to hear you are full timing in a toyhauler. We are still waiting on ours, however it is scheduled to be delivered the end of this month or the 1st part of Oct.

We bought ours site/floorplan unseen (4018), but we made our decision from the 3611, we were wanting the 18' garage.

Glad to here you like the rear patio, We plan on using it alot, in fact I liked the chairs so much in the 3418 that we ordered them extra just to use on the back patio..

Barbara